• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Just found a bump on Cosmo's leg

CosmoKC

Cosmo is a 5 1/2 year old Cav. I just found a pea sized lump on his left hind leg near his knee. It's reddish in color and resembles the shape of a raspberry. Anyone else ever have/see this? I'm wondering how nervous I should be about it. When I touch it it doesn't seen to bother him. He is the Blenheim one in my avitar (The big guy).

Thanks!!

Possibly a histiocytoma (no big deal), could be a spider bite (but without pain probably not), or a small abscess (thistle did this right before our transatlantic flight)

Google histiocytoma for images, how does it compare?

Possibly a histiocytoma (no big deal), could be a spider bite (but without pain probably not), or a small abscess (thistle did this right before our transatlantic flight)

Google histiocytoma for images, how does it compare?

It looks similar to a couple of those images. Thanks a bunch. I'm taking him to the vet on Monday just in case.

I have a 13.5 year old Cavalier. As he aged, he got these bumps on his body. I don't remember the technical name for these but the vet said they were related to age. At a certain point, I had them surgically removed with laser thearapy - what a waste of money. Yes, they were gone but they came back. At this point, I have just accepted these as part of his aging process. It makes it a little difficult to comb him but I work through them carefully. They are all over his body at this age.

Thanks for the replies. Went to vet today and she thinks it's a "skin tag". Nothing to worry about unless it grows larger. Whew!!

Back