Thread: Rehoming Advice

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rehoming Advice

Good afternoon - I have not used this site for years since getting Poppy.. she is now 4 years old and is a delight... however due to my Dad passing away 2 years ago, moving house and me and mum getting out and about more we are having to consider finding Poppy a new home... I am devastated - she is my best friend and I will miss her so much :-( but I know mums reasons are valid and I would hate to see mum not love her..

Wondering where I can go for info about getting Pop's rehomed?? We are based in Essex.

Pops has problems with yeast in her ear and probs with anal glands..but she is a beautiful, quiet little thing...and want her to have a forever home that she can be loved and pampered. xx thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I would advise you to contact the Southern Cavalier Club Rescue Coordinator, Jay Forsyth. She will be able to help you and may even have someone already on her waiting list that would be suitable for your little girl.

Email: jay.forsyth@virgin.net Tel: 01798 812 254
    Margaret C

Cavaliers......Faith, The Ginger Tank and Woody.
    Japanese Chins.... Dandy, Benny, Bridgette and Hana.
    Remembered with love......... Tommy Tuppence and Fonzi

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Margaret C View Post
    I would advise you to contact the Southern Cavalier Club Rescue Coordinator, Jay Forsyth. She will be able to help you and may even have someone already on her waiting list that would be suitable for your little girl.

Email: jay.forsyth@virgin.net Tel: 01798 812 254
    Have you thought of contacting the breeder that you got her from? Did the breeder not tell you when you bought Poppy that she would take her back if ever she needed rehoming for any reason? If your breeder has seen this and recognises Poppy as one of her pups I think she would be very upset to think you were rehoming through Rescue.
    Warmest wishes
    Flo & the ByFloSin Cavaliers
    Rebel, Winston Alexander,Little Joe & Holly Poppet
    Birmingham, UK

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ByFloSin View Post
    Have you thought of contacting the breeder that you got her from? Did the breeder not tell you when you bought Poppy that she would take her back if ever she needed rehoming for any reason? If your breeder has seen this and recognises Poppy as one of her pups I think she would be very upset to think you were rehoming through Rescue.
    I agree. If you got Poppy from a responsible breeder, you probably signed a contract that said if you were no longer able to care for her, she must be given back to the breeder. If not, I am sure the contact Margaret gave will be able to find a loving home for her. Good luck
    Courtney
    Lady (1.5 year old tricolour) & Gracie (4 year old blenheim)
    "Happiness is a warm puppy" - Charles M. Schulz