Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello From Florida

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hello From Florida

Hi all, My name is Tara Izzo- hence the "Tizzo". I have 2 cavaliers. Beau is a tri and he is stuffed animal cute! And Charly (yeah I know, original) is a ruby, however he does have a bit of white on his nose, chin and chest- we thought it made him especially cute so we had to have him. I was googling the topic of smelly tears when I ran across this forum. The eye issue has been temporarily resolved thanks to an antibiotic we put in his eyes, but after the treatment, the stench will come back after about 6 weeks so we go thru it all again. (Doc said its not yeast, but... something that made me think of coccyx). Anyway, Here are pics of my pups.

Post Thanks / Like

, Your pups are adorable!

One of mine had smelly eye issues. Turned out to be diet related. Since switching to a grain free food his eyes no longer water. If he happens to get ahold of a treat or something with grains in it his eyes start to water again. He has to be kept on a completely grain free diet but his eyes no longer water. When his eyes would water a lot it would cause bacteria to grow, making it smell.
    Flash Blitz Holly

Post Thanks / Like

Beau would get small red dry patches on his legs and underside, so we switched our food to one called Organix. The spots completely went away, but as far as I know he does still have grain in that food. Which food do you use, or do you make your own?

Post Thanks / Like

Oh hey and one more question, does your username mean that your also into reptiles? This past August my Charlie had gotten bit- 3 times by a water moccasin! I am going to post a thread with day to day and week to week recovery pics, but I figured I'd give you a heads up if your into that kinda stuff.
    It has gotten me to learn much about snakes! So now I'm always on the hunt for them to take pics.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi and welcome! We are originally from Florida, not missing the heat. LOL Your babies are gorgeous!
    "He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion".
    Author: Taken from a LO done by Too Scrappy

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

hi and beautiful photo's

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the welcome all!
    And Kim, I actually moved here FOR the heat, lol... I'm almost always cold.

Post Thanks / Like

LOL well you know, the grass is always greener on the other side. Having lived there most of my life I couldn't wait to see snow and cold weather.
    "He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion".
    Author: Taken from a LO done by Too Scrappy

Post Thanks / Like

Very true. I'm originally from Ohio and I get sad when I visit and I don't get to play in the snow. Wouldn't wanna live there again, but I do look forward to sled riding.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi and
    Your little ones are adorable! I love the curly ears and Charly's little moustache, soooooo cute!