Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New CKCS owner in Charlotte, N.C.

Post Thanks / Like

Default New CKCS owner in Charlotte, N.C.

Greetings all,

Just wanted to introduce myself as a soon-to-be proud owner of my wife's and my 1st dog. We both grew up with dogs (me, English Springer Spaniels and my wife, a Shih-tzu) but this will be our first dog together. We live happily in Charlotte, N.C. and are anxiously waiting to pick up our 9 week old, Blenheim, male puppy (named "Oliver"--"Ollie" for short). We've done extensive research about the breed and feel that a CKCS will fit our lifestyle perfectly, while also compromising between an ESS and a Shih-tzu. We are driving to our old stomping grounds, Charleston, S.C., to pick up the little guy this weekend. Pictures of Ollie to come.

Thanks and happy to be here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hello, and welcome to the board!
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome, I'm sure you going to have loads of fun with your boy this weekend!
    Joyce - Proudly owned & loved by

BellaMia (Aug. 30, 2012) My Beautiful Ruby Milo (Jan. 20, 2014) My Handsome Tri
    Sydney (
    April 16, 2000~April 4, 2012) Always and Forever In My Heart

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Welcome from a fellow member from Charlotte. I bet you can't wait for little Ollie. I own a 6 year old Cavalier named Elton and fell in love with the breed when I got my first cavalier puppy Ella about 6 or 7 years ago. You will love the breed!

There are a couple of other members from Charlotte. Gemma (I think that's her user name) and BeBe.
    Anne Proud mother of Elton 5 and Angel Ella

Post Thanks / Like

Congrads!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure you are going to LOVE owning a cavalier, I surly do. Fletcher is less than a month from his first birthday (he's a blenhiem mate too).

It seems we have a bunch of members in or near Charlotte NC. Its a 3 hour drive south for me. Hmmmmmm maybe a spring/summer get together!!!!!! That would be fun. Just wondering how may CT members are form the area??? I'm gonna post a new topic asking.
    Melissa
    "If you don't own a dog, at least one, there is not necessarily anything wrong with you, but there may be something wrong with your life."
    -Roger Caras

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MomObvious View Post
    Congrads!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure you are going to LOVE owning a cavalier, I surly do. Fletcher is less than a month from his first birthday (he's a blenhiem mate too).

It seems we have a bunch of members in or near Charlotte NC. Its a 3 hour drive south for me. Hmmmmmm maybe a spring/summer get together!!!!!! That would be fun. Just wondering how may CT members are form the area??? I'm gonna post a new topic asking.
    Melissa,

That would be fun! There are two members that we all got together in Charlotte one time. We have informal meet ups with other cavalier owners in charlotte the first Sunday of the month. There was another post recently from someone in Charlotte looking at a rescue. I love parties so send me a PM if you do a post because I know some other pet owners that are in the NC area but are not on CT. Gemma and BeBe are the other members I know in Charlotte.
    Anne Proud mother of Elton 5 and Angel Ella

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

looking forward to seeing some photo's of your new baby
    from louie and his mum

Post Thanks / Like

Hope things are going great with Ollie! Was the breeder you got him from in Charleston or by chance in Beaufort. I am wondering if it is someone I am contemplating getting a little older dog from. Please PM me and let me know, thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone! Here's a pic of Ollie just after we picked him up on Sunday...

He's doing a great job acclimating himself to his new home. My wife and I are both SO impressed with how quickly he begins to recognize the "trigger words." Can't get over how fast he picks up a routine. Maybe it's just beginners luck???

Post Thanks / Like

You alll will have to message me and let me know when your next informal meet in the Spring is, in the Charlotte area. My wife and I would love to bring Ollie around other dogs, especially fellow CKCS.