• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Lady apparently doesnt enjoy walking in -30C!

cpell009

So I decided to take the girls out for a short walk yesterday evening, we haven't been spending much time outdoors lately with all of this freezing cold weather and I thought they might enjoy a bit of time outside.

It was about -30C with the wind, we were all bundled up in our winter gear, and had just left my building. We crossed the street and Lady started limping. I cleaned the the ice and salt out of her paws and kept walking. She started limping again! I cleaned her paws again. We didn't reach the end of the street and she was crying and wouldn't walk any further. So I took her off her leash, and carried her for the remainder of our walk to the bank and back while Gracie walked along side us. I was quite worried that she had injured herself, she has had a minor knee problem since puppyhood, or maybe she had stuck something really sharp in her paw.

Well, we finally get home and I put her down to inspect her more closely. She was PERFECTLY FINE! Running around, wagging her tail, like nothing ever happened.

The little brat just didn't want to walk in the cold!!!!! Boy do I feel manipulated :rotfl:But really, I cant blame her - it is *&#@!%@ COLD out there!

It may not be brattiness, my hands get extremely cold and painful very easily. I start wearing gloves around 12C, and have no shame wearing my ski gloves after it gets to about 5C.

Lady has her bare feet on very cold earth, and she may just be sensitive to that.

It may not be brattiness, my hands get extremely cold and painful very easily. I start wearing gloves around 12C, and have no shame wearing my ski gloves after it gets to about 5C.

Lady has her bare feet on very cold earth, and she may just be sensitive to that.

Agreed! I went and purchased the little rubber booties today. I just thought it was funny that Gracie was fine and Lady wouldn't move 10 feet! She is a diva and she never fails to amuse me :D

I would REFUSE to leave the house too!!!!!! Anything under 20C I would be whining and wearing a coat. I'm a cold weather whimp I admit it.

I would be crying and limping, too, bless her heart. We had a Shih Tzu that was like your Lady. He absolutely refused to walk in snow. I think those balls of snow got up in his paw pads and he could not cope.

Your cold snap was on our national news last night. They said frostbite is a big danger. Stay warm.

Back