• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Say hello to Coco Mademoiselle :)

Cocoandbee

My new baby girl! She is 8 weeks and very cheeky!

azy3y7e9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you, she is absolutely gorgeous and i already love her to bits. But I can already tell she is going to be a handful! Last night I woke up every hour until 4am because she whined and then slept from 3-7am.

Don't know how I'm going to crack crate and potty training... She hates the crate and wees/poos where she wants to. I pick her up and run to the paper when I see her squat but by then she is no longer interested in doing her business. And I sit with her for at least 10 mins trying to put her back on the paper etc.

And it's hard not to spoil them isn't it? :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

She is achingly cute - the nice thing about cavs is they never lose it either!!

You're at that tough first few weeks stage when you need to get into a routine - persevere with the crate, she will whine initially...I had jazz in a crate at night in our bedroom and we'd gently say shhhhhh if she whined and she would soon settle - it took 3/4 days to crack it. Some recommend putting a ticking clock nearby so it sounds like mothers heartbeat - whatever you do don't give in.....cavs are very manipulative!!! :lol:

same with house training - the trick is to keep one step ahead all the time which is hard work!!! Don't chastise her if she has accidents, just be consistent, puppy wakes up, she needs a pee. Puppy eats or drinks, she needs to pee/poo soon after, puppy has a play - take her out for a pee afterwards. Lots of praise when she does it where you want her to...one day she'll surprise you and do it by herself and then you know your hard work is starting to pay off!!

the rewards are so worth it so have loads of fun with your puppy!!

Thank you everyone :) She is adorable although I can safely say I will never have a puppy again! :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I kind of agree with you about never starting with that puppy stage again! Bentley's much more "fun" since he's out of that potty/chewing stage at 2 years, 2 months. His first night with us set the stage for his being a lap dog, that's for sure! At 5:00 AM I took him out in deep snow to potty and when we came back inside he whimpered so I rocked him like a baby and sang lullabies just as if he was another grandchild. He now jumps on our laps, all 25+ pounds of him, and stretches out for a nap.

Back