• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Jemima's Eye

Pelempone

Hi All,

Can you look at this pic please, and tell me if I should be worried.

You can see a black mark in the corner of her eye, on the sclera.

Thanks

Penny

Is this something that just showed up has it been there awhile? Because she's a young pup and seeing your vet more than the rest of us (hopefully) I would at least call and ask. My vet office got very used to hearing "Hi this is Fletcher's Mom"

Probably not, but as long as it is just discoloration and not something loose in the eye or bothering her, should just be checked when you are next at the vet which as Melissa says is likely to be soon anyway with any puppy. Whites should be dark actually (double pigmentation) -- one of the breed features -- and the spot may be just some pigmentation of trying to breed for this feature in the past. All-white whites are a cosmetic fault but obviously nothing 'wrong', just incorrect for a show dog. Our pets are not show dogs though -- so it is nothing at all to be concerned about. :D

Thanks all. Karlin, eased my mind - not bothering her and is not a foreign body. She is not going to be shown, and I love her just the way she is :)

Charleyfarley and lindylou, I think she is beautiful too. Thank you for saying so!

Have eye whites that are white and not pigmented is very very common -- two of my four have whites that are, er... white! So really not a big deal. The reason show breeders aim for that double pigmentation is it makes their eyes look bigger. Funny thing is -- only my puppy farm rescue girl, who is much smaller than breed standard, has 'properly' double pigmented eyes (though my late, much loved Lucy, a wonderful show-breeder dog, also had them).

I took my 6 month old boy to the vet to be neutered and while he under the vet flushed out his tear duct and showed me something that looked like a small worm that came out. It still runs but not as bad he also gave me some medicine to put in his eye daily.

Back