• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

went to get maggie checked for UTI..

Super Princess

Grandpa and i have been wathcing her closely this last week..shes been cleaning her 'area' lots, her beds have smelled of pee althought hey are not damp to the touch and hes taking her out every few hours (and shes going) and i even get up once in the night although everyone says she probably dosnt need to.

so its around the time for her last shots and i decided to get all that all done together. They said to bring her in with a full bladder..so i did.
my poor little girl.. its not a UTI at all. She had hairs in her vagina entry, which were (obviously) not supposed to be there, rubbing..causing all sorts of inflamation and redness..and mucus.
so shes on 10 days of anti biotics.

I also asked them to check the anal glans because shes been dragging her rear..this seemed fine..and he said it was probably just the irritation the whole time.
so he told me to go get her a sanitary cut. and off to pet smart we ran.
i also took the time to get her 'mutton chops' snipped. (baby hair that wasnt falling off)so shes had quite the day.

Last edited:
Good eye Mommy:-D I'm glad to hear it was a minor thing and she will be back to being your rotten little angle soon. Fletcher has always done the cavalier butt drag thing and his anal glands are fine too....I think to some degree its a cavalier thing. He also does this chicken scratch thing on the patio after he goes potty. Weird dog :)

Btw I apologize for any typos. My landlords internets not working. I'm using the iPad. Soooo not used to it.

Hahahh yeah I have two rotten angels. Her and the brat cat. Had Maggie out sat 6 am today. And just as we come in the cheat jumps off the counter and over my shoulder, and out the door. It's 6 am. I have no glasses and ear plugs. Half asleep. Do I care if he's out. Not really. But I do care IF he wakes up my landlords and their dogs by crying at my door.

Haha maybe. The cavie we met at the beach yesterday dose the bum scoot too.

She's supposed to take her meds with food. But the last 24 hours she's not really ate much. Its frustrating.

Glad you found out what it was. Hope she feels better soon and gets her appetite too so she can take her meds.

Awww poor little Maggie :(. I'm glad its nothing too serious and hopefully it will solve some of the potty issues you've been having as well.

I read in one of my Cavalier books, before I ever got Lady or Gracie, that scooting is actually a breed trait for cavaliers and does not always mean they have anal gland issues. Both of my girls do it every now and then, and while its not the most pleasant thing for them to do when there's company over, it's not always serious.

Back