Thread: went to get maggie checked for UTI..

Post Thanks / Like

Default went to get maggie checked for UTI..

Grandpa and i have been wathcing her closely this last week..shes been cleaning her 'area' lots, her beds have smelled of pee althought hey are not damp to the touch and hes taking her out every few hours (and shes going) and i even get up once in the night although everyone says she probably dosnt need to.

so its around the time for her last shots and i decided to get all that all done together. They said to bring her in with a full bladder..so i did.
    my poor little girl.. its not a UTI at all. She had hairs in her vagina entry, which were (obviously) not supposed to be there, rubbing..causing all sorts of inflamation and redness..and mucus.
    so shes on 10 days of anti biotics.

I also asked them to check the anal glans because shes been dragging her rear..this seemed fine..and he said it was probably just the irritation the whole time.
    so he told me to go get her a sanitary cut. and off to pet smart we ran.
    i also took the time to get her 'mutton chops' snipped. (baby hair that wasnt falling off)so shes had quite the day.
    Last edited by Super Princess; 3rd February 2013 at 10:15 PM.
    Oliver and Max and Meeko man, i will meet you at the Rainbow bridge. I love you all. Miss you more then you'll ever know.
    wait for me...
    Chelsea

Post Thanks / Like

Good eye Mommy I'm glad to hear it was a minor thing and she will be back to being your rotten little angle soon. Fletcher has always done the cavalier butt drag thing and his anal glands are fine too....I think to some degree its a cavalier thing. He also does this chicken scratch thing on the patio after he goes potty. Weird dog
    Melissa
    "If you don't own a dog, at least one, there is not necessarily anything wrong with you, but there may be something wrong with your life."
    -Roger Caras

Post Thanks / Like

Btw I apologize for any typos. My landlords internets not working. I'm using the iPad. Soooo not used to it.

Hahahh yeah I have two rotten angels. Her and the brat cat. Had Maggie out sat 6 am today. And just as we come in the cheat jumps off the counter and over my shoulder, and out the door. It's 6 am. I have no glasses and ear plugs. Half asleep. Do I care if he's out. Not really. But I do care IF he wakes up my landlords and their dogs by crying at my door.

Haha maybe. The cavie we met at the beach yesterday dose the bum scoot too.

She's supposed to take her meds with food. But the last 24 hours she's not really ate much. Its frustrating.
    Oliver and Max and Meeko man, i will meet you at the Rainbow bridge. I love you all. Miss you more then you'll ever know.
    wait for me...
    Chelsea

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Glad you found out what it was. Hope she feels better soon and gets her appetite too so she can take her meds.
    Lani
    (a.k.a. Lucky's & Sparky's mom!)

Post Thanks / Like

Awww poor little Maggie . I'm glad its nothing too serious and hopefully it will solve some of the potty issues you've been having as well.

I read in one of my Cavalier books, before I ever got Lady or Gracie, that scooting is actually a breed trait for cavaliers and does not always mean they have anal gland issues. Both of my girls do it every now and then, and while its not the most pleasant thing for them to do when there's company over, it's not always serious.
    Courtney
    Lady (1.5 year old tricolour) & Gracie (4 year old blenheim)
    "Happiness is a warm puppy" - Charles M. Schulz

Post Thanks / Like

Poor Maggie.....so glad it's nothing serious. I'm sure she'll be feeling better soon.
    Joyce - Proudly owned & loved by

BellaMia (Aug. 30, 2012) My Beautiful Ruby Milo (Jan. 20, 2014) My Handsome Tri
    Sydney (
    April 16, 2000~April 4, 2012) Always and Forever In My Heart