Thread: Feeding different flavour dry/wet

Post Thanks / Like

Default Feeding different flavour dry/wet

I've finally managed to get Charlie settled on his food and enjoying his dinner times!

He's on Wainwrights dry food - salmon and potato with a little wainwrights tuna, rice and veg wet pouch to taste.

His dry food smells very fishy obviously but I do like rotating his wet pouches occasionally for variety. It would seem weird to me to put say a turkey and rice wet pouch in with his salmon and potato dry.

Am I over thinking??

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, you are over thinking but......personally I would not eat salmon, potatoes, turkey and rice all in one meal. I don't really want to potty outside in the yard either. However, I would LOVE to spend the day sleeping on the sofa, running around with the kids, walking with myself heck I wouldn't even mind sleeping in a crate at night if I wouldn't be bugged by a night wandering child.

I add extra variety to Fletcher's diet by offering fresh fruits and veggies.
    Melissa
    "If you don't own a dog, at least one, there is not necessarily anything wrong with you, but there may be something wrong with your life."
    -Roger Caras

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I actually don't think it matters -- and I personally think it is not a good idea to be only feeding fish like this (a pretty narrow protein spectrum) unless there is a medical reason (eg severe allergies) to do so. Fatty fish like tuna retain mercury and so while tuna is a healthful meat from time to time I would never be giving it daily. I think the human limit is suggested at twice a week maximum and would think the same would apply to dogs.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/14/he...ards.html?_r=0

Children who weigh less than 45 pounds should limit intake to 4 ounces of light or 1.5 ounces of white tuna a week,
    Dogs are half that size or less and would have a smaller limit.

That said there's probably not much tune in one of those pouches, but I'd not give more that two of those pouches a week.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com