• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Feeding different flavour dry/wet

xoxHannaHxox

I've finally managed to get Charlie settled on his food and enjoying his dinner times!

He's on Wainwrights dry food - salmon and potato with a little wainwrights tuna, rice and veg wet pouch to taste.

His dry food smells very fishy obviously but I do like rotating his wet pouches occasionally for variety. It would seem weird to me to put say a turkey and rice wet pouch in with his salmon and potato dry.

Am I over thinking??

Yes, you are over thinking but......personally I would not eat salmon, potatoes, turkey and rice all in one meal. I don't really want to potty outside in the yard either. However, I would LOVE to spend the day sleeping on the sofa, running around with the kids, walking with myself heck I wouldn't even mind sleeping in a crate at night if I wouldn't be bugged by a night wandering child.

I add extra variety to Fletcher's diet by offering fresh fruits and veggies.

I actually don't think it matters -- and I personally think it is not a good idea to be only feeding fish like this (a pretty narrow protein spectrum) unless there is a medical reason (eg severe allergies) to do so. Fatty fish like tuna retain mercury and so while tuna is a healthful meat from time to time I would never be giving it daily. I think the human limit is suggested at twice a week maximum and would think the same would apply to dogs.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/14/health/research/14hazards.html?_r=0

Children who weigh less than 45 pounds should limit intake to 4 ounces of light or 1.5 ounces of white tuna a week,

Dogs are half that size or less and would have a smaller limit.

That said there's probably not much tune in one of those pouches, but I'd not give more that two of those pouches a week.

Back