• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Poop walking

wolf23

Is this a Cavalier trait? Remy will start in one place and then squat walk all the while relieving himself. I did have a husky once that did this, but didn't know if this is a breed thing or an individual thing. Any other owners of poop walkers out there?

The good news is he is doing really well on his potty training and hasn't had a poop accident in the house in over a week. He just turned 15 weeks :)

Mine doesn't. Can you encourage him to stay put? I would think there'd be a greater chance of him soiling himself if he's moving...

Aled does quite often, Oliver doesn't - so perhaps it's an individual preference:lol: rather than a breed trait. I've learnt to watch my step when cleaning up after Aled in the garden, because his offerings can be anywhere!

Kate, Oliver and Aled

This is a ridiculous topic:jump: What's even more crazy is it seems a lot of our cavaliers do this. Fletcher does too!! He also does this what I call chicken scratching after he poops- he gets in the patio and like flicks his back feet across the concrete. Weirdo!!!! My husband comments that Larry the Cable guy does a joke about his Grandmother with the walking farts and Fletcher has the walking poops.

Luke does. He starts out in one place, and sometimes I think he's done, but no, he was just spreading it out.

An individual dog thing, not a breed thing, as I know other dogs that aren't cavaliers that do this too. :lol:

My Lily does this (the most inappropriately named cavalier ever).

An individual dog thing, not a breed thing, as I know other dogs that aren't cavaliers that do this too. :lol:

My Lily does this (the most inappropriately named cavalier ever).

Not to hijack a thread, but I've noticed my Bentley doing an unusual amount of circling before he poops lately. He has always done the figure 8, circling, pacing, etc, but it seems to last longer of late. Funny to watch.

And, isn't it ridiculous that Cavs are so darn cute & adorable that we're even having this conversation! :l*v:

Back