• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Maggies first trip to the hospital

Super Princess

MAN it has been some week for my poor little girl.

saturday we got her last boosters..and treated her for a vagina infection..
and then this morning i was dropping her off at my grandpas(daycare) and noticed a pinkish in her eye.. it was kinda poking out..i dont know how to describe it properly..
i made my mum (grandparents live in basement parents upstairs) take a look adn she agreed i should get her looked at.
well i open the daycare ther was nothing i could do right then. so i went to work..waited for my vet office to open.. and they said they had no apointments today (surgery day) so i had to take her to hte hospital.

went and picked her up from grandpas..and the eye thing..was gone. it looked perfectly normal. but being a worried mama and havint 90% coverage on my pet insurance i decided it was worth it to take her in anyways.

well she stole the heart of everyone in that whole hospital.

they ran tests on her eyes ..tests came back normal..her eye is fine..they did mention cherry eye and to watch incase it came back but at this point its fine.
i got htem to check her vagina infection.. its healed. but to continue the anti biotics.

and i brought up the issue of her peeing her bed at night (i attempted to let her go through the night ..it had been damp but i thoguht it might be her infection..last two days its WET..and shes sleeping in her bed..as if shes goin in her sleep?(she has two beds in her crate she can choose from..to sleep in the one thats wet is odd)

so they said to take away water at night..and continue taking her out at least once ..then to try again in a few weeks..if it was still happenign theyd run some tests for underlying issues :(

They do worry us don't they? She's adorable and I can see how she charmed everyone at the hospital!

My old beagle, Skylar had the whole cherry eye issue. We tried eye drops first and the cone of shame so he didn't scratch it. But he ended up having surgery. Pretty simply procedure really. However, I know any boo-boo involving your baby is heart wrenching... Just keep an "eye" in it LOL :razz: If it happens again and you cannot get her to the vet right away you are going to want to protect that eye. I'm just guessing but I'm sure her scratching it would only make things worse.

Aw poor Maggie! It is very odd that she pees her bed and sleeps in it. And the more she does it I think the more she is losing that "natural instinct" to not mess the bed. I hope things start to turn around for you soon, I can imagine how stressful this must be!

Back