• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

SM?

I've just made the connection that Riley does this head nodding also. I noticed it this morning and remembered there was this thread and reread it. Interesting that there seems to be no connection to SM. Riley's nodding seems to be like Oliver's and Gus's except that when Riley nods, she almost always does lose her footing and falls over. I think this is because she has a badly damaged vestibular system. I'm wondering if she started this when we decreased her prednisone dosage 5 months ago. She sees her neurologist next month for blood work so I will ask about it. It never seems to bother her though and she gets right up. I'll let you know what he says.

Thank you, I would be interested to hear your neurologists opinion. Gus almost falls over sometimes when nodding but doesn't actually fall.

Riley saw her neurologist yesterday and I mentioned her head nodding. He said that unless it bothered her, or was very frequent, he was inclined to leave her prednisone dosage where it was and not increase it. He asked me to monitor the frequency. I was away for a week and have been home for 8 days now and haven't seen her do it once! Her neurologist said he had heard of it before but had never had another dog who did the head nodding before. He asked me to take a video if I can next time.

Back