• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Slight drooling

bill1971

Lady has all of her shots but since yesterday morning she had been slightly drooling. We took her to the beach the day before, she got a bit wet by the tide pools but didn't drink any salt water. The next morning, she did lick a bit of lotion off my wifes hand just a few then we stopped her, and shortly after that we noticed the drooling. She eats fine, plays normally and has had normal poops as well. Has this ever happened to anybodys Cavalier? Thank you.

As nobody else seems to have noticed your post , I'll try to answer it - though by now Lady may have stopped drooling! The first place to check with drooling is teeth. Has she started losing her baby teeth and getting her second teeth? Or has she got something wrong in her mouth - a broken tooth, an abscess or anything like that? Drooling is usually an effort to lessen pain in the mouth - just like we would use our tongue and saliva to try and calm down an aching tooth.

But others may see my post and have better ideas!

Kate, Oliver and Aled

As nobody else seems to have noticed your post , I'll try to answer it - though by now Lady may have stopped drooling! The first place to check with drooling is teeth. Has she started losing her baby teeth and getting her second teeth? Or has she got something wrong in her mouth - a broken tooth, an abscess or anything like that? Drooling is usually an effort to lessen pain in the mouth - just like we would use our tongue and saliva to try and calm down an aching tooth.

But others may see my post and have better ideas!

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Yes, she stopped drooling I think about a day after it started. I do appreciate the response. She may have bit something and hurt her gum.

Back