• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

What is a "12 monthly basis"?

Soushiruiuma

According to Clare Rusbridge's treatment algorithm dogs on long-term medication should have haematology and biochemistry monitored on a "12 monthly basis". To me that is synonymous with annually (once per year). My neurologist is reading it as a monthly basis (12 times per year). We have our first such check up this Saturday. I don't really mind bringing her in so often, and it will good to check her values shortly after starting the medication. But I think it does seem to be a lot of blood draws for her to be doing this do often.

Which interpretation is correct?

And perhaps someone could suggest that the next time the algorithm is updated that the wording be made more clear for non-native English speakers. It appears the Italian version might spell out clearly the frequency at which medications require monitoring, but I really don't know Italian at all.

You are right -- it is at least once a year; some people do it every 6 months.

You definitely do not need to do this monthly!!!

I'll mention this to Clare. (y)

My Rebel is vet checked every 3 months for heart and geriatric problems and has annual bloods taken as per the algorithym.

Thanks, I wanted to be absolutely certain before I mentioned it. These language issues can be so complicated.

For me the language was clear, but then if someone disagrees, I have to be sure I didn't misread, or there's a British/American English issue at foot. And I didn't want to say something that was incorrect.

Back