Thread: Constipation

Post Thanks / Like

Default Constipation

Can puppies be constipated? Jemima hasn't done a poo for about 14 hours. She seems fine in herself.
    she is eating and drinking normally and there's been no change in her diet.
    She had her second shots on Monday and was given worming and heart worm tablets.
    is there anything I can give her to help?

Post Thanks / Like

It's OK everyone - stop panicking! She's been!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have a funny story about that. Oz's vet heard a heart murmur when he was 4 months old which was confirmed by a cardiologist who also said he had intermittent 2nd degree heart block. When he was 11 months old he had to wear a Holter monitor for 24 hours to check the extent of the damage to his heart (congenital murmur - grade 1, hasn't changed in 5 years). He had to wear a cat monitor as that was the only one small enough to fit him. Well, my silly boy thought he couldn't move once they strapped that thing around his chest. For 23 hours he did not pee or poo. I kept taking him out - and I physically had to carry him out because he thought he couldn't even walk with the monitor on! Finally, after 23 hours, he must have been bursting because let it out from both ends. He must have felt soooo much better.
    Bev
    Oliver (blenheim, born 3/2001), Riley (black & tan, born 8/2002,), Madison (ruby, born 9/2003), and Oz (tri-color, born 7/2007)