Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: liquid gabapentin

Post Thanks / Like

When I did get them down her she was chewing them anyway ( & they go squishy when they have been spat out a few times ) so the capsules where not intact either way.

Post Thanks / Like

When horse wormer was in powdery granules to be added to the grain I swear my horses knew the moment I stepped out of the house their their food was contaminated and would not go near it.
    For about a year my cav was on liquid gabapentin that formed clots and settled to the bottom of the prescription bottle. Since his dose has been increased to 100 mgs capsules he takes it quite readily wrapped in butter alternating with processed cheese.
    These little dogs are a challenge.

Post Thanks / Like

We are still fighting with her. She's been sat up tonight with her chin resting on the bed , lay down and got straight back up again and put her chin back on the edge of the bed.
    So i've tipped the tablet into the corner of her mouth & now she is asleep.
    I took her for a walk so maybe thats why. She doesnt scratch on the lead but did give a little yelp until I slackened her harness.

Post Thanks / Like

the vet has given her onsior which she seems happier to take and she has perked up a bit but is still not well.

Post Thanks / Like

Abbey was on the liquid in the beginning--it had to be compounded and as such was expensive. Also, it tastes terrible even with flavoring. I had a heck of a time getting it down her. My regular vet tasted it and I said it is flavored chicken and he said that's no chicken I've ever had. He said it tastes like s--t. lol. After Abbey's surgery I had a heck of a time getting her pills down her and the vet gave me a pill pusher. It was wonderful.
    Linda, Georgia, USA
    Winston--shih tzu-male, Darby female tri, Bentley male blenheim and Chelsea, black-tan
    Abbey my beloved tri who is so embedded in my heart--RIP Sweet Princess

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by linderbelle View Post
    Abbey was on the liquid in the beginning--it had to be compounded and as such was expensive. Also, it tastes terrible even with flavoring. I had a heck of a time getting it down her. My regular vet tasted it and I said it is flavored chicken and he said that's no chicken I've ever had. He said it tastes like s--t. lol. After Abbey's surgery I had a heck of a time getting her pills down her and the vet gave me a pill pusher. It was wonderful.
    I have one of those pill gun things but capsules dont fit in it.

Even with her meds she looks very miserable. she hasnt been well for over a week now.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AT View Post

Even with her meds she looks very miserable. she hasnt been well for over a week now.....
    I know how you feel, Thistle has been suffering for weeks, and every time I up her meds the improvement only lasts for a day or two.

She on double the dose of gabapentin that she was on a month ago, I've added in prednisone too, and she's still suffering.

It's just awful.