• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Happy Birthday to Fletcher and ME!!!!!

MomObvious

My sweet little Fletcher turns 1 tomorrow which is also my birthday.

7140071639_c221d009d5_z.jpg
[/URL] 463427_279730385438386_100002042790067_616195_1748131889_o by MomObvious, on Flickr[/IMG]

Its extra special to share a birthday with him, and I was in fact a birthday gift myself I was the first grandchild for both set of my grandparents however I was born in my mom's mother's birthday. Ever since I was small we always celebrated our birthday's together. When I was a kid I never wanted to have a birthday party I only wanted to visit with the whole family at Grandma's house. I would raise a fuss if the WHOLE family couldn't come (aunts, uncles, cousins from out of town) We'd make a whole weekend out of it. The adults would keep Grandma out of the kitchen no cooking on your birthday but she always make the cake, she'd put only one candle in "her" side but always the right number on mine. This was a tradition we have and celebrated even after I was married and had my first child (grandma's first great-grand) My grandma's health was beginning to fail at the age of 95 when I was 27, there was long talks about her not living alone (my Grandfather passed when I was a just a baby) she refused to live with family and moved to a wonderful nursing home close by. She was happy there and we did celebrate 2 more birthdays together however it was different but we have the best time we could. She passed quietly in her sleep in October at the age of 97 peacefully. I miss her but she was an amazing lady and did enjoy a long wonderful life however as you can guess birthdays are not the same. Just my own birthday cake weird.

When I was searching for a puppy even looking for a rare rescue pup, I found out a pregnant cavalier turned up at a shelter in PA. One of my aunts is a volunteer there so I got some "inside" info. When it turned out 3 healthy puppies were born in MY birthday and appeared to be in fact 100% cavalier (looking anyway) I was going to have one of those pups no matter who I have to annoy bother or even beg (which I did all of) Its like it was meant to be....I would be able to share my birthday again!!!!! I shamelessly lobbied hard to a pup and in to end I was given the chance to adopt one. I wanted the Mommy dog too but turns out one of the vets fell head over heals for her, which is great she living the high live now for sure. I was extremely lucky to get Fletcher and I could not be happier to be his Mommy. I can't even remember being without him he fits so perfectly into my family. I love him so so much.

So this year for the first time in 8 years I have someone I love to share a birthday cake with. Well, I made a special cupcake stand to hold Fletcher veggie cupcake with mashed potato "frosting" that will go thur my cake and sit on top (without touching) The important thing is the cakes will be together candles for more than one.

Wow! How time flies! Happy birthday to both of you. Hope you have a wonderful day making new memories of double birthday celebrations. Fletcher certainly had become a very handsome boy. .love the picture.:hppybdy::hppybdy:

:hppybdy: Happy Birthday to you both on a very special day :hppybdy:
:hppybdy: :hppybdy: :hppybdy: :hppybdy: :hppybdy: :hppybdy:

Such a cute picture! Happy Birthday to you both, I remember when you first introduced yourselves to the forum and have enjoyed your advice and updates!

What a happy ending for a shelter dog. Breaks my heart to think these special dogs could be treated in that fashion. Great story - thanks for sharing. My little girl missed my wife's birthday by 4 days. However, she shares her birthday with our best friends. She'll be three years old next month.

Aweee I missed this topic!!
I hope the two of you had a very happy birthday!!!
I love hearing the story of you and fletcher meeting. Xox

Back