Thread: Soft harness for puppy between sizes

Post Thanks / Like

Default Soft harness for puppy between sizes

My 20-week old girl is bursting out of her small size soft harness, and I ordered a medium size only to find out the neck is much too large. She has a 14 inch girth (around the middle, behind the legs) and a 9 inch neck. Her weight is not quite 10 pounds. Ideally, I could use a harness that adjusted at the neck AND the girth, but have not seen anything like this. Any ideas? Thanks. I'm learning so much my reading posts here.

Post Thanks / Like

The first harness I have to Fletcher was wonderful fully adjustable. It was a Coastal nylon 3/8 inches wide. The are pretty reasonable priced too.
    Melissa
    "If you don't own a dog, at least one, there is not necessarily anything wrong with you, but there may be something wrong with your life."
    -Roger Caras

Post Thanks / Like

We got one made for Kokoda by someone on Etsy.
    It was custom made to fit his size and we have had lots of compliments on it.
    it has stood up to lots of wear and is like new still as it is machine washable!

Have a look on there, there are so many styles available.
    www.etsy.com

You may not want to buy the fanciest one you find as she is still growing, but I am sure they would have something suitable until she grows into the other one
    ~ Kokoda - Ruby - DOB 26/02/2011, Deniki - Tricolour - DOB 17/02/2013 and RIPAnzac ~

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered one of these for Jemima - http://dog-games-shop.co.uk/perfect-...s/15mm-harness

It comes in 3 pieces which you can order separately. So if the girth gets bigger you can just order that piece. They have some great colours too.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the suggestions. I love the Perfect Harness from the UK site. Will have to see if I can find similar in the US. Perhaps Etsy. Good suggestion. I checked Coastal Pet harnesses and our dog is between sizes there, too. Maybe the problem is she's growing and part of her is growing faster than another part! I appreciate everyone's input.