• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Soft harness for puppy between sizes

harvwald

My 20-week old girl is bursting out of her small size soft harness, and I ordered a medium size only to find out the neck is much too large. She has a 14 inch girth (around the middle, behind the legs) and a 9 inch neck. Her weight is not quite 10 pounds. Ideally, I could use a harness that adjusted at the neck AND the girth, but have not seen anything like this. Any ideas? Thanks. I'm learning so much my reading posts here.

The first harness I have to Fletcher was wonderful fully adjustable. It was a Coastal nylon 3/8 inches wide. The are pretty reasonable priced too.

We got one made for Kokoda by someone on Etsy.
It was custom made to fit his size and we have had lots of compliments on it.
it has stood up to lots of wear and is like new still as it is machine washable!

Have a look on there, there are so many styles available.
www.etsy.com

You may not want to buy the fanciest one you find as she is still growing, but I am sure they would have something suitable until she grows into the other one :)

Thanks for the suggestions. I love the Perfect Harness from the UK site. Will have to see if I can find similar in the US. Perhaps Etsy. Good suggestion. I checked Coastal Pet harnesses and our dog is between sizes there, too. Maybe the problem is she's growing and part of her is growing faster than another part! I appreciate everyone's input.

Back