• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Off to the Cardio

CVFlagg

Well sweet Beanie has been doing so well with her heart. She turned 13 in October and has been staying steady. She began coughing last week so we went to the vet this morning for x-rays and sadly there was some edema that showed up :( I made an appointment to go to the cardiologist next Thursday (would go sooner but it is a 6 hour round-trip so have to wait until I have a clear day at work) to have her checked out. In the meantime we have increased her Lasix dose to try and help dissipate the fluid until then. Dogs getting older sucks! Just hoping to keep her comfortable as long as we can :)

Sorry you're having this worry with Beanie and hope the cardio will be able to suggest some action to take. With both MVD and SM it becomes a 24/7 preoccupation to keep them comfortable - though 13.5 is a good age for a Cavalier; my Oliver is only a young sprig of 11.75!

:hug:

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Well, when it rains it pours! My Lance (also 13 years) has been wetting the bed at night. We went to the regular vet and she wants him to have an abdominal ultrasound to check for kidney stones and tumors after we ran blood and urine and things came back off. So, we are going to go down with both of them. Lance has a small murmur and had an echo a year ago so I figured while we were down there I would get his heart looked at too in addition to the kidneys. I keep hearing sounds of cha-ching, cha-ching, cha-ching in my head but I'll do anything for my babes!

I am so excited to report that the cardiologist was thrilled with Beanie and the lack of heart disease progression! Her heart has not enlarged at all since she started seeing him two years ago-he was really pleased (almost giddy) about her lack of progression. He felt the cough was more related to her compromised airway brought on by her already enlarged heart so we are increasing her bronchodialitor medication. He said her blood work was remarkable and we are good to go until her next 6 month check-up unless something changes in the meantime. Lance's heart and kidneys checked out good as well so it was a great day (minus the 6 hour roundtrip drive!) for my two. So relieved :)

Its great to hear news like this, so pleased they are doing ok, i know where your coming from, with regards to cha-ching Cha-ching, but i too would be the same, would remortgage if i had to. Karen,Ruby and Sadie x

Back