Thread: BellaMia's Spay - Getting Ready

Post Thanks / Like

Default BellaMia's Spay - Getting Ready

Next Monday is her big day! I'm already nervous about this. Anyway, I'm getting some things ready for her recouperation. I have a soft cone and a few onsies. She is a big licker so want to make sure she can't get at the stitches. Going to go out and get her a few new chew toys and bully sticks to help keep her occupied.

I know she will have to be in her crate with restricted movement.........really hard as her favorite things to do is jump and run! Potty breaks will be on leash only. I know the vet will give me detailed instructions, but any other things I can do in advance? Any idea on how long she will need to be crated or how long it will take to heal?

What about food? Should I get chicken for her or would her regular kibble be OK?

What about me? Should I get myself a nice bottle of wine to get me through it!
    Joyce - Proudly owned & loved by

BellaMia (Aug. 30, 2012) My Beautiful Ruby Milo (Jan. 20, 2014) My Handsome Tri
    Sydney (
    April 16, 2000~April 4, 2012) Always and Forever In My Heart

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think possibly two nice bottles of wine to get through it, then and now Try not to worry x
    Lynne x
    Little Ted Bear - Ruby Boy Born December 8th 2012
    Beautiful Megan - Black & Tan. Left us 18th January 2013. My heart and soul.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmmmmm two bottles. I like the way you think!

Sydney (

Post Thanks / Like

You tickle me!!!! She'll be fine! Fletcher came home with some painkillers I did give them to him on time for the first day after....like 36 hours he did nothing but sleep on the sofa mind you. He was back to his normal self after that. I did not keep him in the crate at all since I was home I just didn't leave him. At the time he was sleeping in our bed and with the collar of shame cause he's a chewer too! And I'm sure if unsupervised he could have chewed the onsie off!!!! Yes, I was worried about him but really the surgery and recovery are pretty easy don't stress. One bottle of wine should do it
    Melissa
    "If you don't own a dog, at least one, there is not necessarily anything wrong with you, but there may be something wrong with your life."
    -Roger Caras

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry Melissa, I'm going to have to disagree with you and stick to Lynne's suggestion of 2 bottles of wine. I would really like to make sure I'm prepared.

Sydney (

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sydneys Mom View Post
    Sorry Melissa, I'm going to have to disagree with you and stick to Lynne's suggestion of 2 bottles of wine. I would really like to make sure I'm prepared.
    Hahahaaaa Better safe than sorry.
    Melissa
    "If you don't own a dog, at least one, there is not necessarily anything wrong with you, but there may be something wrong with your life."
    -Roger Caras

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

well in that case, we have to have cake as well
    Lynne x
    Little Ted Bear - Ruby Boy Born December 8th 2012
    Beautiful Megan - Black & Tan. Left us 18th January 2013. My heart and soul.