• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

BellaMia's Spay - Getting Ready

Sydneys Mom

Next Monday is her big day! :( I'm already nervous about this. Anyway, I'm getting some things ready for her recouperation. I have a soft cone and a few onsies. She is a big licker so want to make sure she can't get at the stitches. Going to go out and get her a few new chew toys and bully sticks to help keep her occupied.

I know she will have to be in her crate with restricted movement.........really hard as her favorite things to do is jump and run! Potty breaks will be on leash only. I know the vet will give me detailed instructions, but any other things I can do in advance? Any idea on how long she will need to be crated or how long it will take to heal?

What about food? Should I get chicken for her or would her regular kibble be OK?

What about me? Should I get myself a nice bottle of wine to get me through it!

I think possibly two nice bottles of wine to get through it, then and now :) Try not to worry x

You tickle me!!!! She'll be fine! Fletcher came home with some painkillers I did give them to him on time for the first day after....like 36 hours he did nothing but sleep on the sofa mind you. He was back to his normal self after that. I did not keep him in the crate at all since I was home I just didn't leave him. At the time he was sleeping in our bed and with the collar of shame :( cause he's a chewer too! And I'm sure if unsupervised he could have chewed the onsie off!!!! Yes, I was worried about him but really the surgery and recovery are pretty easy don't stress. One bottle of wine should do it :)

Sorry Melissa, I'm going to have to disagree with you and stick to Lynne's suggestion of 2 bottles of wine. I would really like to make sure I'm prepared. :wggle:

Back