• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Crufts 2013 - Cavalier Matters

Wow....thats look great ladies. Every year I think I must go, but I'd probably max out my credit card at your stand.

Well done I hope you raised loads of cash and a heap of awareness too (y)

Crufts

I suspect that some of the mass buyers of coasters were overseas visitors - ideal to tuck into luggage if flying and give to Cavalier friends as a Crufts memento.

The ladies with the flags are the Companion Club meet up, just about to set off for the cafe!

I seemed to spend most of my time at Crufts discussing CM/SM! The British Veterinary Association stand said that a BVA/KC scheme for MVD should be up and running in a couple of months, they're doing the final tweaking.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

I was deeply disappointed to miss the four days with the Cavalier Matters Charity stall at Crufts. I developed flu at quite the wrong time.

The stand was in a much better position this year and with a lot of new and eye-catching items the hardworking team were kept extremely busy. They raised the amazing sum of £8,782.00.

I was sad to read that a cavalier club committee member has been boasting that last year she demanded a meeting with a Kennel Club Official to complain that the Charity had been allowed to have a stall at Crufts.

All the money raised by Cavalier Matters goes to help research, rescue organisations and to raise awareness of health issues within our breed. How petty to try and sabotage what owners are doing for their cavaliers.

Margaret, that petty behaviour is only more proof to me that Cavalier Matters is doing the right thing and an excellent job too. There will always be the hardcore who don't want to change or accept that progress must be made. Well done to all :). X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Obviously another of those who think that Cavaliers don't have any serious problems, so it's a waste of money raising funds for health research into non-existent diseases that get Cavaliers a bad name - problems, as one breeder said to me, that make a nice little earner for Clare Rusbridge, who apparently more or less invented SM for the benefit of her PhD :bang:

Kate, Oliver and Aled

I was deeply disappointed to miss the four days with the Cavalier Matters Charity stall at Crufts. I developed flu at quite the wrong time.

The stand was in a much better position this year and with a lot of new and eye-catching items the hardworking team were kept extremely busy. They raised the amazing sum of £8,782.00.

I was sad to read that a cavalier club committee member has been boasting that last year she demanded a meeting with a Kennel Club Official to complain that the Charity had been allowed to have a stall at Crufts.

All the money raised by Cavalier Matters goes to help research, rescue organisations and to raise awareness of health issues within our breed. How petty to try and sabotage what owners are doing for their cavaliers.

Hope you're feeling better Margaret.

So sad that a club member would even think of trying to stop a charity raising money for its cause......
On a bright note what a fantastic amount raised....well done to all those involved

Obviously another of those who think that Cavaliers don't have any serious problems, so it's a waste of money raising funds for health research into non-existent diseases that get Cavaliers a bad name - problems, as one breeder said to me, that make a nice little earner for Clare Rusbridge, who apparently more or less invented SM for the benefit of her PhD :bang:

Kate, Oliver and Aled

To hear some breeders talk you would imagine that Clare Rusbridge personally injected the SM gene into every cavalier.
Breeding from affected dogs obviously has nothing to do with the problem.

The Kennel Club were very helpful, a senior member the KC visited our stand to make sure we were being treated ok and were happy. He was perfectly charming :p

Back