Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Crufts 2013 - Cavalier Matters

Post Thanks / Like

Love all the pictures and the items on display.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow....thats look great ladies. Every year I think I must go, but I'd probably max out my credit card at your stand.

Well done I hope you raised loads of cash and a heap of awareness too
    Mel
    Momma to Leonardo (Leo to his friends)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crufts

I suspect that some of the mass buyers of coasters were overseas visitors - ideal to tuck into luggage if flying and give to Cavalier friends as a Crufts memento.

The ladies with the flags are the Companion Club meet up, just about to set off for the cafe!

I seemed to spend most of my time at Crufts discussing CM/SM! The British Veterinary Association stand said that a BVA/KC scheme for MVD should be up and running in a couple of months, they're doing the final tweaking.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I was deeply disappointed to miss the four days with the Cavalier Matters Charity stall at Crufts. I developed flu at quite the wrong time.

The stand was in a much better position this year and with a lot of new and eye-catching items the hardworking team were kept extremely busy. They raised the amazing sum of 8,782.00.

I was sad to read that a cavalier club committee member has been boasting that last year she demanded a meeting with a Kennel Club Official to complain that the Charity had been allowed to have a stall at Crufts.

All the money raised by Cavalier Matters goes to help research, rescue organisations and to raise awareness of health issues within our breed. How petty to try and sabotage what owners are doing for their cavaliers.
    Margaret C

Cavaliers......Faith, The Ginger Tank and Woody.
    Japanese Chins.... Dandy, Benny, Bridgette and Hana.
    Remembered with love......... Tommy Tuppence and Fonzi

Post Thanks / Like

Margaret, that petty behaviour is only more proof to me that Cavalier Matters is doing the right thing and an excellent job too. There will always be the hardcore who don't want to change or accept that progress must be made. Well done to all . X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Obviously another of those who think that Cavaliers don't have any serious problems, so it's a waste of money raising funds for health research into non-existent diseases that get Cavaliers a bad name - problems, as one breeder said to me, that make a nice little earner for Clare Rusbridge, who apparently more or less invented SM for the benefit of her PhD

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Margaret C View Post
    I was deeply disappointed to miss the four days with the Cavalier Matters Charity stall at Crufts. I developed flu at quite the wrong time.

The stand was in a much better position this year and with a lot of new and eye-catching items the hardworking team were kept extremely busy. They raised the amazing sum of 8,782.00.

I was sad to read that a cavalier club committee member has been boasting that last year she demanded a meeting with a Kennel Club Official to complain that the Charity had been allowed to have a stall at Crufts.

All the money raised by Cavalier Matters goes to help research, rescue organisations and to raise awareness of health issues within our breed. How petty to try and sabotage what owners are doing for their cavaliers.
    Hope you're feeling better Margaret.

So sad that a club member would even think of trying to stop a charity raising money for its cause......
    On a bright note what a fantastic amount raised....well done to all those involved
    Mel
    Momma to Leonardo (Leo to his friends)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kate H View Post
    Obviously another of those who think that Cavaliers don't have any serious problems, so it's a waste of money raising funds for health research into non-existent diseases that get Cavaliers a bad name - problems, as one breeder said to me, that make a nice little earner for Clare Rusbridge, who apparently more or less invented SM for the benefit of her PhD

Kate, Oliver and Aled
    To hear some breeders talk you would imagine that Clare Rusbridge personally injected the SM gene into every cavalier.
    Breeding from affected dogs obviously has nothing to do with the problem.
    Margaret C

Cavaliers......Faith, The Ginger Tank and Woody.
    Japanese Chins.... Dandy, Benny, Bridgette and Hana.
    Remembered with love......... Tommy Tuppence and Fonzi

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Margaret C View Post

The Kennel Club were very helpful, a senior member the KC visited our stand to make sure we were being treated ok and were happy. He was perfectly charming
    Tania and The Three Cavaliers!
    Dotty!- A Sweet Little Tri
    Molly - Pretty Tri Dougall - Gorgeous Blenheim