Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: average weight and height of a cavlier

Post Thanks / Like

oh good! im glad. i thought maybe i had overstepped
    but yes..i didn't tell her very much in my first message..just asked her to guess. then i filled her in after she guessed.
    shes a wonderful lady and has lots of knowledge. if she guesses 12 weeks i would say its spot on.

Maybe he'll be a big boy..who knows.. both oliver(my last cavalier) and my cat meeko were told to be 'big boys' when they were little. they were. and i tell you those boys were so full of love it was rediculas :d

I bet he will be spoiled. EVeryone says maggie is spoiled rotton.. theyre right lol . again i cant wait! flood the picture form with photos of him growing...lord knows i have with maggie. people (espeiclaly on facebook) are probably like enough already.
    but i have a 'disclosure' on my maggie album on facebook. You give a cute puppy to a photographer..expect a lot of photos..and im not sorry lol
    Oliver and Max and Meeko man, i will meet you at the Rainbow bridge. I love you all. Miss you more then you'll ever know.
    wait for me...
    Chelsea

Post Thanks / Like

Just as a comparison, Jemima was born on 28 Nov 2012. She weighs 3kgs (6lb 9??). I don't know how tall she is, but she is a lot smaller than your beautiful boy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Just to throw my bit in too Teddy is now 13 weeks old and when we weighed him at the vets last Thursday, he was 3.7kg. He is long and leggy. I think your boy is utterly utterly beautiful, and I immediately wanted to give him a big love. He's gorgeous. Enjoy Enjoy Enjoy x x x
    Lynne x
    Little Ted Bear - Ruby Boy Born December 8th 2012
    Beautiful Megan - Black & Tan. Left us 18th January 2013. My heart and soul.

Post Thanks / Like

Mine weighed about the same and we are starting to think that ours isn't purebred. Glad to see that we are not the only ones

Post Thanks / Like

From your picture Ms Debz your little guy looks a bit like a long-hair dachshund - I'm really no expert though!
    Courtney
    Lady (1.5 year old tricolour) & Gracie (4 year old blenheim)
    "Happiness is a warm puppy" - Charles M. Schulz

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Black and tans often do from some angles -- and I have heard breeders say they don't like smaller sized cavaliers in the show ring as they can look like longhaired dachshunds, especially some that also have shorter legs! I would however agree that this little one is probably a cross of some sort Ms Debz, at some point in his background -- very long and narrow nose. It's the dog that matters though and not the breed or mix!
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

I'll have to check my records, but my Bosco is a big boy. I got him from a very respectable breeder at 3 months, and I think he was about 7-8 lbs then. He's now 1.5 years, and has been 20.5 lbs since the 1 year mark. I never expected such a "big" CKC, and he is not overweight, he's just big. I have no doubt about his breeding -- he is 100% CKC. I'll post pictures later.

Post Thanks / Like

I met two breeders in my search and both of them had rather large males, most were between about 18 and 25lbs. Lady's dad was around 22lbs if I remember correctly. Lady's mom is around 17lbs, and at one year old Lady now weighs about 14.5lbs - she was the runt of the litter though.
    Courtney
    Lady (1.5 year old tricolour) & Gracie (4 year old blenheim)
    "Happiness is a warm puppy" - Charles M. Schulz

Post Thanks / Like

I was expecting a 10 -12 lb dog, and I wound up with a 20 lb bundle of love! Its a little "Scary" when he comes bounding towards me to jump on my lap! Yikes!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

A lot of the researchers into SM feel the larger cavaliers, with longer noses and less domed skulls, are the future of the breed.

Most males these days seem to be up around 20-22-ish lbs according to some of my friends who show and breed cavaliers. Many feel the need standard sized males even at the top of the standard, are a bit small.

10-12 pounds would have been under the US breed standard -- and no one should be breeding for extra small cavaliers -- so it's good to have ended up with a larger dog I think rather than extra small.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com