• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Tips for house with 5 cavaliers

anniemac

I just posted a thread without meaning to. Anyway, I mentioned before that I will be going to my mom's beach house this weekend and there will be a total of 5 cavaliers. The house is usually "pet free" but mom thought it would just be Elton and Kennedy (who is so calm and doesn't really count). I told her 5 and she panicked. Her main issue is that she does not want any wet dogs in the house. I can have a baby gate on the screened porch and we have showers downstairs to wash and then dry them.

I thought you can buy spreads to put over sofa's for dog hair. We used to have a big dog pin downstairs but that is long gone. Pawley's Island is very small and during the "off" season, very few people are actually on the island. There is the creek, the one street, our house and then the beach. Technically, the dogs could climb the stairs from the beach and go downstairs which leads to the one street. The dunes on the beach are protected but I figure one could run up another person's house and have access to the street. Elton and Ella are off leash because they listen and I can keep an eye on them. Besides having gates at my own actual house, should I tell them to keep theirs on leash if they tend to wonder? What other helpful things for multiple dogs?

Cavalier are pretty easy keepers....now imagine 5 big dogs running together. I think covering the furniture with sheets and doing a nice clean-up when you are done should be good. baby gates are a good idea to limit access. If there is a dog that likes to wander the others might follow, so you might suggest the owner have a leash on that dog. The thing about a group of dogs is where one goes the others are likely to follow. :)

Back