Thread: Help. Eating foreign objects

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Help. Eating foreign objects

One of the cavaliers at my house ate the top part of this rubber toy. You know I freak out about obstructions but she is always overly worried about hers. Do you think this will pass through ok? I know we need to look for vomit and check poop. What do others think?

Anne Proud mother of Elton 5 and Angel Ella

Post Thanks / Like

It appears that is a pretty small piece missing????? If that is the case I think it will be fine. Fletcher ate a piece of a Nuff dart about that size a few months ago. He was fine, my kids got busted for it tho
    Melissa
    "If you don't own a dog, at least one, there is not necessarily anything wrong with you, but there may be something wrong with your life."
    -Roger Caras

Post Thanks / Like

looks like a really small piece.
    Maggies first 'oh my god she ate that' moment was an ear plug. took 84 hours to show up...just do the poop check to make yourself feel better.
    watch for stopping eating/drinking/pooping..but its such a tiny piece id not worry too much.

my delmation ate ..either the top of a baby bottle or a completly rubber soohter (i was 6 at the time..i dont remember) and no one noticed untill he got seriously ill. but that was a lot larger piece of rubber
    Oliver and Max and Meeko man, i will meet you at the Rainbow bridge. I love you all. Miss you more then you'll ever know.
    wait for me...
    Chelsea

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thank you both. It seems so small and no sharp points. I just get scared b/c my Ella died from an obstruction but it was a string that wrapped around her intestine. I think he will be just fine. (not like Elton who still has hunting instincts and jumped in the creek )
    Anne Proud mother of Elton 5 and Angel Ella

Post Thanks / Like

When Rose eats something like that, I usually give her some food to go with it to help it move through more easily .