• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Help. Eating foreign objects

anniemac

One of the cavaliers at my house ate the top part of this rubber toy. You know I freak out about obstructions but she is always overly worried about hers. Do you think this will pass through ok? I know we need to look for vomit and check poop. What do others think?

ge6uza2y.jpg

It appears that is a pretty small piece missing????? If that is the case I think it will be fine. Fletcher ate a piece of a Nuff dart about that size a few months ago. He was fine, my kids got busted for it tho :)

looks like a really small piece.
Maggies first 'oh my god she ate that' moment was an ear plug. took 84 hours to show up...just do the poop check to make yourself feel better.
watch for stopping eating/drinking/pooping..but its such a tiny piece id not worry too much.

my delmation ate ..either the top of a baby bottle or a completly rubber soohter (i was 6 at the time..i dont remember) and no one noticed untill he got seriously ill. but that was a lot larger piece of rubber :)

Thank you both. It seems so small and no sharp points. I just get scared b/c my Ella died from an obstruction but it was a string that wrapped around her intestine. I think he will be just fine. (not like Elton who still has hunting instincts and jumped in the creek :))

When Rose eats something like that, I usually give her some food to go with it to help it move through more easily ;) .

Back