• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Food transition

holacandita

Our Jasper is 8 1/2 months old and has been eating Inova puppy food (1/2 cup twice a day) since he was rescued at 4 months. He has never had an issue with it until recently... he is showing very little interest in eating his "breakfast" -- if it gets left out (which I tend to do sometimes... I am working on the 15 minute time limit rule) he will eventually eat it around 12-1 pm. He has no issues eating his dinner -- usually gobbles it up within 10 minutes of us putting it out.

He is a healthy weight (about 18 lbs at his last vet visit) and in great health.

I guess my questions are
1) Is it too early to switch him to adult food? I'm wondering if a lower calorie food will get him eating twice a day again. -or-
2) Should I just feed him 1 cup of his puppy food once a day? It seems like an awful lot for my little guy, but he is our first Cavalier, so I'm not sure!

Any advice would be appreciated!!

Thanks,
Candice

Maggie showed disinterest in her food for a bit. I tried a bunch of different things.
Letting it soak in water (drain most. Make a bit of gravy)
Tossing it on the floor to perk her interest. I was soo frustrated.
After a few diff things I went into bosleys pet store and got some good quality canned food.
I mix a table spoon of that with 1/3 cup of dry food and she eats it no problem. It was making her stools loose so I started adding a table spoon of canned pumpkin as well, she's almost always interested in her food these days. Ill switch the chicken and beef flavoured tinned food around a bit to keep her interested.

Back