Thread: Toilet, Toilet, Toilet

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Toilet, Toilet, Toilet

Does anyone else have this issue, Is it just a Cavalier quirk ?. My 2 5yr olds go for a walk every day, I say walk, however, we pass many other dogs merrily walking along, my 2 have to stop at every kerbstone, tree, shrub, bollard you name it to cock their legs up, every single day !!!, plus I must get through around 6 dog bags every trip. An average walk of around a mile usually takes about an hour !!!. Why don't they just walk with the occasional toilet break like other dogs !!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hahaaahaaa Sorry but no Fletcher might pee ONCE a week while out on a walk.
    Melissa
    "If you don't own a dog, at least one, there is not necessarily anything wrong with you, but there may be something wrong with your life."
    -Roger Caras

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Not here. If its a long walk, or a park trip where I bring water for them, maybe an extra pee.

Post Thanks / Like

I have two male dogs who pee up everything, so you are not alone. It is so funny to watch them in the garden as when one has a pee the other has to pee over the top of it - it`s like a competition to them.
    Pam

and my two special boys Jasper age 14 and Ollie age 4.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Males tend to pee a lot and a LOT more, if they are not neutered. My males also have to pee on top of each other's pees, but Tansy also has to mark where Lily has pee'd so females do this too!

Some dogs tend to extend out their poops... can depend on the food they are fed (eg lots of softer poops). But this is also a training issue that can be shaped during puppydom. See Ian Dunbar's free online guide After You Get Your Puppy (at www.dogstardaily.com) -- he strongly recommends not just training dogs to pee and poop on separate words but also right as you go out the door -- then the messy bit is done immediately.

Also you don;t have to allow dogs to pee on everything -- simply redirect them back to the walk. If they are allowed to constantly stop and pee, they will choose to. I let mine do a mix of rambling and of purposeful walking.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com