• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Toilet, Toilet, Toilet

quoman

Does anyone else have this issue, Is it just a Cavalier quirk ?. My 2 5yr olds go for a walk every day, I say walk, however, we pass many other dogs merrily walking along, my 2 have to stop at every kerbstone, tree, shrub, bollard you name it to cock their legs up, every single day !!!, plus I must get through around 6 dog bags every trip. An average walk of around a mile usually takes about an hour !!!. Why don't they just walk with the occasional toilet break like other dogs !!!!!!

I have two male dogs who pee up everything, so you are not alone. It is so funny to watch them in the garden as when one has a pee the other has to pee over the top of it - it`s like a competition to them.

Males tend to pee a lot and a LOT more, if they are not neutered. :) My males also have to pee on top of each other's pees, but Tansy also has to mark where Lily has pee'd so females do this too!

Some dogs tend to extend out their poops... can depend on the food they are fed (eg lots of softer poops). But this is also a training issue that can be shaped during puppydom. See Ian Dunbar's free online guide After You Get Your Puppy (at www.dogstardaily.com) -- he strongly recommends not just training dogs to pee and poop on separate words but also right as you go out the door -- then the messy bit is done immediately. :)

Also you don;t have to allow dogs to pee on everything -- simply redirect them back to the walk. If they are allowed to constantly stop and pee, they will choose to. (y) I let mine do a mix of rambling and of purposeful walking. :D

Back