• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Online Survey about coat characteristics and changes

Margaret C

Please take time to help this final year vet student..................

An online survey to investigate coat characteristics and changes in Spaniel Breeds.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/7WQJ5SN

This online survey is part of a veterinary final year research project investigating hair coat characteristics and changes in spaniel breeds, and how owners feel about them.

If you own a spaniel I would really appreciate you participating in this 5-minute survey.
Owners of both neutered and unneutered spaniels are required for this survey. If you have multiple spaniels please feel free to complete a questionnaire for each dog.
All results will remain confidential.

Thank you for participating in this survey

I submitted two!

Jeeeze it really worries me that people seriously take into consideration the effect on coat when deciding whether or not to spay/neuter :confused:

I find it interesting the questions I was asked. They all relate to coat change after 4 months.
As a pet owner, I would never consider coat as a factor either in deciding to neuter. But I think the survey is interesting in that it asks if I noticed a coat change at 4 months. No, I didn't notice it then, but Lucky was neutered there was a clear change in the quality of his coat. No question about it. But that was at over 1 year old.

Answered for all four of mine - like everyone else coat change never factored into my decision to neuter/spay. And do you think I can remember back to when they were four months old and whether their coat changed? Hah!!! Fat chance!!

I've done one for jazz. Funnily enough, I have a family member who recently trained in dog grooming and when i was discussing Jazz being spayed it was met with gasps of surprise "but it will ruin her coat!!" She was spayed in December and I've not noticed any change whatsoever, but even if I did it wouldn't matter to me as I think the benefits of spaying is far more important than vanity.

she also ruins her coat all by herself quite regularly by rolling in horse poo but that's another story!! :lol:

Back