• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

~ greetings from MD ~

amberpep

[SUB]Hi to everyone! First, I'm wondering how to increase the size of the print. Can anyone help me with that? I'm not young, and I can hardly see the tiny print. Thanks so much.

Well, I'm the owner of a lovely little 6 year old tri-color female ..... my Molly. I have had her for 2 years now, and her history is one of those sad stories. I found her at a Rescue Group in PA who rescued several dogs from a Puppy Mill up there. Apparently, she, along with some others, were going to be either turned loose or shot the next day, as they'd "worn out their usefulness." My Vet. estimates she had possibly 5 litters, with the first one being at her first heat - merely a puppy herself.

When I got her she was a pathetic little mess. The Rescue Group had her spayed and she had her shots and was given a bath. But that haunting look on her face ..... oh my ..... it was pitiful. On the drive home - 4 hours - she never made a sound, nor moved. She just stared as if in a daze. We made a stop for her to wee, but she just stood there, looking at the grass. Once we got home, I discovered that everything made her jump .... if I would lift my arm to get a cup from the cabinet, she'd cringe and run, when I went to the bathroom - unless she could see me - she'd whine ... it was so very sad.

After a lot of testing it was discovered that her pancreas did not function at all, so now with each meal she takes 2 tablets of Pancrezyme. I have only heard her bark once and that was in her sleep. She still, after 2 years, does not know how to play even though I've done everything suggested to try.
She follows me everywhere ..... she's what they call a Velcro Puppy, but I don't mind at all.

She is adorable .... sweet, happy, a real cuddle-bug, and I think in some way she's grateful. So that's the story of Molly and me. I am 68, divorced after a 40 year marriage, 3 adult kids all living away from here, and Molly and I, along with my 2 cats, are buddies.

Barb [/SUB]
:D

Hi Barb,
Was wondering from what rescue in PA you got Molly. I have 4 Cavs (one of each) all from They Deserve Better Rescue. The first 3 I was lucky enough to get as puppies, but the last came from an Amish puppy mill and he too was a sad little thing. Very malnurished and also used just for breeding. He was younger then Molly when you got her, about 2 years old. He has adjusted wonderfully. He's now a normal weight and his hair is starting to come in nicely. The other dogs taught him to play and he really enjoys his toys now. He too is somewhat of a velcro dog. Hope Molly continues to do well.

Hi there! YES, that's the same Rescue Group where I got Molly. I suspected Molly came from an Amish puppy mill because of the malnourishment, appearance, and total fear of men. I am so glad I got her .... I feel like I sort of "saved" her from certain death. She's well adjusted too, for the most part, but has those quirks I mentioned before. But .... she just won't play. She's doing beautifully. Right now sprawled across my lap as I'm trying to type. Aren't they wonderful little furbabies? So many dogs like this need homes ..... I can' bear the thought of her, or any of them, either just being turned loose (sure death for them) or being shot. UGH .... how unbelievably cruel.
Great to meet you!
Barb

Hi and welcome!! :wggle:

What wonderful home you have provided for your little rescue girl -- that's a touching story and she sounds as if she has come very far. Tiny increments are huge leaps for these poor damaged dogs! So sorry she has pancreas problems (they seem to bother this breed a bit) and there are others here who have dealt with them too. Imagine if she had gone somewhere that didn;t discover this or wish to care for her. She is fortunate to be with you. :flwr:

On making the typeface larger -- you need to go to the upper right hand corner of this page where it says Settings, click that and then go to General Settings (I think it is). You can reset the font size and the style there to suit how you wish to see it. :)

Hi Karlin .... thanks for the info about the setting. Yes, these little furbabies could not be more loving. She has absolutely enriched my life. Between Miss Molly and my 2 cats I joke about my "little zoo," but I absolutely love it. Just knowing I saved her from probable death warms my heart. And the face .... oh my the face. It's one of the first things people notice about her when they see her ..... "what a dear little face." And, of course, being a proud Mama, I totally agree! cl*p
Barb

Oh Barb, brought tears to my eyes reading your post, but can identify with everthing you say, i rescued Sadie last may, a 7 year old Ruby, she too has stole my heart too, originally she came from the states, and was rescued out there, and brought to the uk, she was used for breeding. She did,nt know how to play, jumps at almost everything, and extremely nervous of young men, she craves attention and love, even eating her food she is constantly nervous, almost looking for approval to eat, but i,am slowly getting there with her, she now has started to play, but all she really wants is security and love. She is now at her forever home, i will forever love her. Karen and not forgetting my Blenheim Ruby, who i have had since she was a puppy and Sadie :lotsaluv:

Oh Karen .... I relate also to everything you said. These poor dogs are bred til their little systems are just worn out .... nothing left to give. You're right, I think the best thing we can give them, besides some help learning some things, is love and security, so that they know they're safe and no one is going to hurt them. Poor Molly didn't even know how to go up and down steps when I got her ... I had to teach her that. And, like your little one, she still is very wary of men .... I suspect that men were the ones who dealt with them and did whatever they did to them. How can anyone look at these little faces and do anything unkind to them? I don't get it. But, this is a case where money takes precedence over everything else. And to think how many of these puppy mills there are ..... well, it's sickening.
Bless you for taking in your sweet little Ruby.
Barb

Welcome to you and Molly, and thank you for rescuing her. I bet she is grateful and loves her new life.

Hi there Emkaybee ..... yes, I think she is. I believe, in some way, these little mistreated dogs know they're now safe and won't ever be hurt again. I just love her.
Barb :dogwlk::c*t::c*t:

icon_welcome
so pleased to read molly as found a good home and looking forward to seeing some photos of molly
sending molly kisses and cuddles from louie and his mum

Hi lindylou .... I am delighted with her ..... I don't know if you've seen the magnetic bumper tag that says "who rescued who?" And that's about it. These little sweeties have the absolute best dispositions ....
I wish I could put some pictures on, but I am just about as techno. dumb as they come. There are some on my camera, but I have no idea how to transfer them. And now my battery in my camera seems to be dead. I've told my kids not to give me this new tech. stuff, because I just don't want to mess with it. I'm sorry.
Hugz from Miss Molly and her Mom

Back