Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: THEN and NOW

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    290
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default THEN and NOW

    This isn't quite pup to grown up, but I couldn't choose 10 pictures!
    so here is Kokoda's THEN and NOWS. (and the occasional 'in-between')

    Kokoda is now 2 years old, most of the now photos are very recent. But the then photos are of varying ages from 8 weeks - a few months.

    Then


    Now


    Then


    Now






    Then


    In between


    Now




    Then



    Now


    Then


    Now


    Though he has obviously grown, he still does all of the strange things and acts in the exact same way.
    And i think as he grew, my love for him also grew.
    I wouldn't trade my crazy, very hairless cav for the world.
    ~ Kokoda - Ruby - DOB 26/02/2011, Deniki - Tricolour - DOB 17/02/2013 and RIPAnzac ~

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    North of Atlanta, GA USA
    Posts
    140
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    He is very cute, both then and now and I wouldn't say he is hairless just very sleek

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    34
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Absolutely gorgeous!! His coat looks so silky and he's very handsome. Looks a bit thin on the now running picture, I wonder if you also have as difficult a time keeping weight on your Cav as I do !!

    It's amusing: there is a lot of talk of obesity in this breed, but if you feed them right (i.e. no table scraps) it seems like they burn through those calories to no end. Then again, by feeding them right you're giving them that energy to burn to begin with!! (rather than all that icky stuff in human food!)

    Beautiful ruby, you must be so proud!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,395
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    He's so dang cute!

    I have to ask....you say hairless......that is EXACTLY how I feel about Claire. She has very little hair. And even has a few conditions that make her more hairless.

    One, she has post operative alopecia on her lower chest and tummy. It was when she was shaved for her spay when she was 7 months old. Her hair just never grew back, so she has a baby belly! But I love it and blow bubbles on it (okay, don't talk bad about me now). She also has a condition on her tail, called stud tail. The top of her tail has no hair, seriously, it just disappeared over a period of time. She has some feathers that wrap around it, and most peope don't even notice.

    But she has scrappy hair, very sleek and shiny, but not thick at all. She has feathers...but nothing impressive.

    Anyway, had a talk recently with a friend about Ruby's generally having 'less' fur/hair. It just seems that way to me.

    But as my Vet always reminds me, it shouldn't bother me, because it DOESN'T bother Claire at all!
    And she is a true gem, I absolutely adore her!
    Cindy and Claire
    Claire was born on Feb7, 2010

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    290
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mommytoClaire View Post
    He's so dang cute!

    I have to ask....you say hairless......that is EXACTLY how I feel about Claire. She has very little hair. And even has a few conditions that make her more hairless.

    One, she has post operative alopecia on her lower chest and tummy. It was when she was shaved for her spay when she was 7 months old. Her hair just never grew back, so she has a baby belly! But I love it and blow bubbles on it (okay, don't talk bad about me now). She also has a condition on her tail, called stud tail. The top of her tail has no hair, seriously, it just disappeared over a period of time. She has some feathers that wrap around it, and most peope don't even notice.

    But she has scrappy hair, very sleek and shiny, but not thick at all. She has feathers...but nothing impressive.

    Anyway, had a talk recently with a friend about Ruby's generally having 'less' fur/hair. It just seems that way to me.

    But as my Vet always reminds me, it shouldn't bother me, because it DOESN'T bother Claire at all!
    And she is a true gem, I absolutely adore her!
    It doesn't bother me at all, in fact it is convenient because i don't need to brush him. Just the spot behind his ears.
    His coat is very different to my past cav. He was a tricolour and he had enough coat on him to sink a ship! he was a hairy beast haha
    Kokoda's coat is very soft and shiny, but he has very little of it and what he does have lies flat on his body.
    It's not fluffy as such.

    But that's ok, its easy maintenance, especially for a dog that loves swimming as much as he does!

    Claire's belly sounds so cute!
    I love their puppy bellies!
    Kokoda has a 'bellybutton', the vet assured me that it didn't need to be removed as it wasn't a dangerous hernia. Just something to do with fatty tissue.
    I love his little bellybutton.

    Kokoda has a weird hairless patch on his foot. I am not sure what it is, but i just keep his two front feet trimmed to make it look like its meant to be that way!
    and his feathers are the longest hair (excluding his tail) but they aren't even very long!

    I think they do have less hair, it certainly appears that way.
    ~ Kokoda - Ruby - DOB 26/02/2011, Deniki - Tricolour - DOB 17/02/2013 and RIPAnzac ~

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    290
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LilCav View Post
    Absolutely gorgeous!! His coat looks so silky and he's very handsome. Looks a bit thin on the now running picture, I wonder if you also have as difficult a time keeping weight on your Cav as I do !!

    It's amusing: there is a lot of talk of obesity in this breed, but if you feed them right (i.e. no table scraps) it seems like they burn through those calories to no end. Then again, by feeding them right you're giving them that energy to burn to begin with!! (rather than all that icky stuff in human food!)

    Beautiful ruby, you must be so proud!
    I am very proud
    He is such a lovely dog.

    That picture was taken during the stage where he wouldn't hold weight, he will now, but that that time he ate like a horse but just ran it off. Now he seems to be holding weight better.

    He is very thin, but very fit and muscular.
    His legs are so muscular! he enjoys swimming, and running, so i think that is why.
    He is a very active dog.

    even when he sneaks the cats biscuits i will just feed him less of his food at dinner and I have no trouble maintaining his weight. he has certainly never been overweight.
    I do sneak him some occasional table scraps, but i account for that in his daily food allowance, so i will just feed him less.

    I think where people go wrong is feeding them treats and scraps but still feeding the same amount of food.
    You do have to watch the cavs though! They would eat, and eat, and eat if you let them!
    Kokoda would very happily be fat haha
    ~ Kokoda - Ruby - DOB 26/02/2011, Deniki - Tricolour - DOB 17/02/2013 and RIPAnzac ~

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    co durham england
    Posts
    785
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    hi
    kokoda is absolutley gorgeous beautiful photos but the second photo is my favourite good enough to win a competition (beautiful)
    sending kokoda kisses and cuddles from louie and his mum

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newfoundland
    Posts
    289
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Gorgeous photos and adorable puppy!!! I love rubies. I agree with Lindylou about the second photo it is my favourite!
    Courtney
    Lady (1.5 year old tricolour) & Gracie (4 year old blenheim)
    "Happiness is a warm puppy" - Charles M. Schulz

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    290
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wolf23 View Post
    He is very cute, both then and now and I wouldn't say he is hairless just very sleek
    Thank you wolf

    Quote Originally Posted by lindylou View Post
    hi
    kokoda is absolutley gorgeous beautiful photos but the second photo is my favourite good enough to win a competition (beautiful)
    sending kokoda kisses and cuddles from louie and his mum
    Thank you!
    I do love that photo
    I have it framed on my desk, but i was thinking of maybe getting it put onto a canvas.

    Quote Originally Posted by cpell009 View Post
    Gorgeous photos and adorable puppy!!! I love rubies. I agree with Lindylou about the second photo it is my favourite!
    Thank you cpell
    ~ Kokoda - Ruby - DOB 26/02/2011, Deniki - Tricolour - DOB 17/02/2013 and RIPAnzac ~

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    482
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Cute! Thanks for sharing....I love how you did the photos of then and now.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •