Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Woman took photos of her cavalier being attacked

Post Thanks / Like

I am so glad to hear that the Cavalier will be alright and that the dog is off the streets. Such an awful incident...
    Noelle, B.B., & Tucker

Post Thanks / Like

In the photograph, the attacking dog is neither wearing a collar nor a leash. Clearly the dog's owner is lacking in responsible behaviors on more than one level. I'm relieved that Spot was not mortally wounded.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anniemac View Post
    BTW, the owner of the lab is someone I work with now. She never said she was sorry or anything. She should have warned me, tell me not to bring her, or keep her dog locked up. I heard Ella was not the first to show behavior (maybe actually attack) but I also heard her recently say something that her dog did. Another attack I think (maybe at her). What if her dog attacks a child? I just wished for an apology but now I hope she is able to control him
    I noticed you're from the Charlotte, NC community. Your area police department (CMPD) has a large and comprehensive Animal Control Division. One of its core responsibilites is investigating dangerous animals. You may want to write down what you know for certain, and what "others" have told you about the specific dog and contact them (CMPD) for their assistance. You can easily start with a simple phone call to animal control and ask for an officer/investigator to explain the steps in this process. In short, you have everything to gain - and nothing to lose by calling. CMPD's Animal Control Division website can be found at: http://charmeck.org/city/charlotte/C...s/default.aspx

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Badge511 View Post
    I noticed you're from the Charlotte, NC community. Your area police department (CMPD) has a large and comprehensive Animal Control Division. One of its core responsibilites is investigating dangerous animals. You may want to write down what you know for certain, and what "others" have told you about the specific dog and contact them (CMPD) for their assistance. You can easily start with a simple phone call to animal control and ask for an officer/investigator to explain the steps in this process. In short, you have everything to gain - and nothing to lose by calling. CMPD's Animal Control Division website can be found at: http://charmeck.org/city/charlotte/C...s/default.aspx
    That's so tough and puts me in a hard place. On one hand, I feel if the dog does attack or does something and "I" didn't act, then i am partly responsible.

On the other hand, I work with her and she is extremely close with one of my best friends (Kennedy another cavalier's owner) along with several mutual friends.

Since I just "overheard" something Kat (my friend said) and don't know details, I think my first step is to talk to her.
    Anne Proud mother of Elton 5 and Angel Ella