• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

MVD - Epic Trial

So I read the EPIC trail site first, I read pretty much the whole thing and my question while reading it was ok what about side effects of this drug????? and what is preclinical stage of MMVD?? A heart murmur that does not require medication yet? I believe in clinical trials, my own son has participated in a big one in the US recently (for boys getting the HPV vaccine)

Then I read Rod's site and had my questions answered. Personally, I will participate in ANY trail that does not require me to GIVE anything to Fletcher or requires too much personal info. A DNA swab, info on his coat, nail clippings whatever.... I think its bad that the EPIC trail site has NO information about possible harmful effects of this medication. Yes, we all want a cure for heart failure but basically killing other dogs to find out if maybe this IS the wonder drug????? Really, could you image if some researcher came out and said "hey we think we can cure breast cancer if we could just kill 2000 women to see if it works"??????????

If I had a cavalier suitable for this trial, I would want to check out the implications with a cardiologist that I really trusted.

I would not participate in this study because of Rod's editorial and also things i read about giving drugs like this one too early. I'm sure either pat or rod know all the details. I thought medication should generally not be given until congestive heart failure.

Back