• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Deer or Elk antlers?

Sydneys Mom

Are these any good for a long lasting chew. I was looking at them today at the store and wondered if they would splinter. How long do they last? I think BellaMia is getting tired of the bully sticks, but I need a good chew for her that will keep her interested for a while.

I brought jazz a deer antler at Christmas (I called it Rudolph :lol: ) and she loves it- it can keep her occupied for a hour or so when I'm busy. It's never splintered. I was told that if you wet the inside slightly it releases the flavour again so renews their interest -I must give it a try.

I brought jazz a deer antler at Christmas (I called it Rudolph :lol: ) and she loves it- it can keep her occupied for a hour or so when I'm busy. It's never splintered. I was told that if you wet the inside slightly it releases the flavour again so renews their interest -I must give it a try.

We have a few around the house. The only thing I would say about them is, if your dogs take them on the couch, watch when you sit down.

They do last forever and I have never had one split. Fletcher does like the ones cut length wise not the whole thing. You can buy them pretty cheap on etsy.com too. Fletcher is a tough chewer too. I buy them small enough for him to carry around but just barely....I worry about choke :) I have heard of dogs cracking teeth on them tho, supervision is always needed on ANY chew.

Oh and they don't smell at all which I like:D

Thanks for the replies. I'll probably buy one locally and see how she likes it. Just have to decide if I should get it whole or split.

My two love them, I just got two small ones that had been cut as I wasn't sure if they'd take to them, but they have. As usual in my house only one gets chewed at any one time, which ever one gets picked up first by either Murphy or Misty is always the "better" one in the other ones eyes, and they just sit and sulk until the other one loses interest and then they chew that one.

Back