Thread: dry or wet

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Red face dry or wet

Hi...Got Prince 8 months ago when he was 4 months..Now a year old and have been feeding
    Jwb dry with a bit of wet....But now he's started licking wet off kibble and leaving in dish...I know these are fussy eater and as I lost my darling ruby to heart disease I don't want to make Prince fat....What is a healthy option to add to his kibble...I tried veg and he turned his nose up......

Post Thanks / Like

Some members have had this chat before. Here's a link http://www.cavaliertalk.com/forums/s...ts-and-chicken The thread starts off about feeding raw but Rod gave some excellent advice about his opinion of wet vs dry food. Awhile ago a similar thread was started about this topic. Some of the arguments for feeding wet food did prompt me to switch one of my cavaliers meals to wet only for one meal a day. He's over a year old now but I still feed twice a day, it just works for me. I do not think cavaliers are fussy eaters, I do think they are wonderful of training us adults to give them exactly what they want. Smart little things
    Melissa
    "If you don't own a dog, at least one, there is not necessarily anything wrong with you, but there may be something wrong with your life."
    -Roger Caras

Post Thanks / Like

Im kinda in the same boat..oliver was wayyy over weight. i want to keep maggie at a healthy food.

I feed her acana dry..howeve..shes picky and wont just eat it (rollyeyes) so i found mixing a healthy wet into it..making it kinda like a oatmeal type thing..works..as long as i switch back and forth between flavors of wet (beef, and chicken) keep it interesting.
    im constantly taking pictures of her body sahpe and sending it to my breeder just to Make sure she still looks at a healthy weight (haha i can be so annoying)

the people at bosleys had me try tripette as well..it worked for a bit Stinks to no end..im kinda glad shes settled on liking the chicken or beef.
    Oliver and Max and Meeko man, i will meet you at the Rainbow bridge. I love you all. Miss you more then you'll ever know.
    wait for me...
    Chelsea