• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Elton's vet visit

anniemac

I was a walk in today at the vet so I saw the vet I have asked not to see since he said Ella was fine and that SM was regional. I'm glad to know now that any cavalier owner says neck pain, he refers them immediately to a neurologist.

All things were fine with Elton except for the neck and wants to call Elton's neurologist because he has never heard of them being on Tagamet and was sure it would be Prilosec. Also, he mentioned tramadol next and I said my next step would be going to see his neurologist.

I hate to sound mean but this last part gets me. I asked (just in case) if he knew of any breeders having MRI's done on his parents. His answer: "I thought there was a DNA test for that and it is just coming out". Well unless there is something on the down low, I know there is no DNA test available. If there were, many breeders would be happy.

I think maybe he is confusing it with EFS/Dry eye curly coat?

Good that he refers on neck pain now -- that's another positive legacy of Ella's. :flwr: We sure don't want our little ones to have to train people in this way, but I think these things may seem small but will make a very big difference to other cavaliers and owners that come through their door.

I mentioned the EF/DE CC but he said no but he did try to look it up online. He said he believes me and that he is always wanting to learn more. I told him i am a little obsessed with SM and i apologized. He acknowledged that he does not know as much and that is why he would just rather refer them to a neurologist to evaluate. I like to think that has something to do with ella. Thanks Karlin.

Everything looked good to him and agrees that if its neck pain, i need to follow up with the neurologist. No ear infections, examined his back, legs, hips, etc. so I can only think this change in behavior is related to his CM. especially last night when he could not get comfortable.

Anne, did he mention anything about Elton's eye?

I completely forgot to mention that. I need to go in with a list and that should be at the top. He said everything looked ok. There is a health clinic next weekend in concord (right outside of Charlotte) and I already planned on going and getting his eyes checked there. I really wanted him to see if there was any pain from something else and to get his bordatella.

Elton is scheduled April 2nd for licensed holistic vet and I figure an optomologist might be able to detect more. I'm not sure what all they check? I love the vet practice he goes to and the other vet. I hate to say it, and even though he was very helpful and explained things, I just.. Well I can't explain it. I should have mentioned it but it will not stop me from seeing the optomologist. I think it's good everything is on record there, but I still may have on my file only see certain vet.

Anne, I just switched to a different vet because I felt they were more knowledgable about Cavalier issues. It sounds like you have everything under control but PM me if you want my vet name. Good luck with everything and let us know your thoughts on the holistic vet, I have been thinking about trying one as well.

Back