Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sleeping with your Cavalier

Post Thanks / Like

Jazz was promoted to our bed from about 5 months - she'd been able to go through the night from a fairly early stage (@ 10weeks) so we could have let her on earlier. I put the soft puppy bed from her crate at the end of the bed and that's her place to sleep -I'm not sure if it helps with the connection of not peeing in her own bed or not but it gives us a bit more space!! She's also very good at waking us when she's been unwell and needed to go out at night.

If my in-laws are dog sitting we let them sleep in our bed (which is a super king size) so they can also have her on the bed-she's thoroughly spoilt!!
    Nicki
    Proud owner of Jazz

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, you guys are nice to your dogs!!! None of ours ever came close to even sleeping in our room until they were well over two years old. Even now, Oz and Maddie sleep in the laundry room (it's huge!!!) because they move around too much and then I can't sleep. Oliver sleeps in our room, but in his own bed on the floor because he wanders and my husband couldn't stand to have him jumping up and down from the bed. So he learned just to stay in his bed. Riley sleeps at the foot of the bed and does not move all night long, but she didn't start doing that until after her SM surgery 4 years ago. Before that, she was in the laundry room with Maddie and Oz. They love it in there though. We all have snuggles on my bed for awhile and then Oz and Maddie just leave and put themselves to bed in the laundry room after about 5-10 minutes. Sometimes I have to tell them it's time to go to bed, but they never resist. They have a huge crate big enough for all four of them in there that I've covered with a blanket and I leave the door open, plus two plush dog beds. But without fail, they both come out of the crate in the morning. It's like their own den in there.
    Bev
    Oliver (blenheim, born 3/2001), Riley (black & tan, born 8/2002,), Madison (ruby, born 9/2003), and Oz (tri-color, born 7/2007)

Post Thanks / Like

Well lastnight I decided to give it a try.
    I moved her dog bed to the corner of my bed between the headboard and wall.
    Took her up for our evening snuggles and never took her to her cage

I am sure she was wondering wth? Your turning the light out helllloo I'm still here.
    But she did really good. Even when I went for my potty breaks

Went whole night. And a sleep in without having to go out (we still havnt. I asked her if she wanted o go pee. Her response was to get up from next to me and flop herself into her bed )
    Once she was up and pawing me around 1 am, I said Maggie bed time. And she did the same thing. Went right to her bed and asleep.

So it went well. Hopefully it keeps going good.
    Oliver and Max and Meeko man, i will meet you at the Rainbow bridge. I love you all. Miss you more then you'll ever know.
    wait for me...
    Chelsea

Post Thanks / Like

Paddy slept in bed with us from being about 6 months old (although I think my husband would've had in with us from day one but that might've got a bit messy...) He stayed in bed with us til he was about 18 months old, that's when we got our other dog Maddie, firstly I ike my space in bed and Paddy had always lay with my husband and mostly let me be but Maddie liked to lie near me and it got a bit too snug. I did put up with this, then Paddy started peeing in the house again, I think it might've been like a territorial thing because Maddie had moved in but one morning he peed on ME in bed and that was it, he's never been allowed to sleep in bed again! Luckily Paddy's stopped peeing in the house since we had him done.

I should add that before Paddy slept in our bed, he slept in a crate in our room, so he was used to being with us at night.

Post Thanks / Like

We sleep with five, it gets pretty busy during the night with one thing and another.
    Tania and The Three Cavaliers!
    Dotty!- A Sweet Little Tri
    Molly - Pretty Tri Dougall - Gorgeous Blenheim

Post Thanks / Like

i have a crystal candy jar next to my bed..that i dont put candy in.. i acutally have started putting my ear plugs in it (Since she ate one..find the jar is a safe place)
    ive had to start putting my eye glasses in there now..as twice ive gotten up to use the human potty...and found my glasses laying in th spot i was.
    so now everythign loose goes into that jar.
    she has been getting up and sitting in my spot everytime i go (usually 2 times anight)
    funny girl.
    Oliver and Max and Meeko man, i will meet you at the Rainbow bridge. I love you all. Miss you more then you'll ever know.
    wait for me...
    Chelsea

Post Thanks / Like

So proud of her.
    She had to pee at 4am, and she got down off the bed. Went to the bedroom door and scratched.
    She's such a big girl now.
    She dose this when we are in the living room. Has for months. But
    Wasn't sure what would happen if she was in my bed.
    wait for me...
    Chelsea

Post Thanks / Like

My first Cavalier Ciara always slept downstairs in her basket, it was what she liked to do as she had the run of the house. My second Cav Tobydug always slept on my bed.
    I got my present Cavalier Ben four years ago from his previous owners who had to give him up for health reasons, when I asked where he slept they said on his fleece and NEVER on the bed, so first night I put his fleece on the floor and even though it was his first night with me he settled on it. Lights out and he imediately jumped up on the bed, I guess he sensed I was a soft mark. He was right, he would wait to I was asleep and manage to jump up under the duvet and I would wake up to find him at my feet or pressed hard against me.
    He is now 11, quite short legged and cannot jump up on his own, also I recently moved house and because of him I have not yet put the bed up, I have just put the mattress on the floor so he can get in (and out safely) I will have to build him a ramp or get a low bed frame. My other half Sandra knows who comes first!
    Ben (Blenheim)

Still missing Toby (Blenheim) and Ciara (Black and Tan)
    www.tobydug.co.uk

Post Thanks / Like

Rose sleeps with us, has since she was about 4 months old...

Post Thanks / Like

My little pack has always slept with me from the moment they joined my family except in the summer when a couple prefer the cooler floor. I don't think I could sleep without those little guys surrounding me.
    Mary-owned by Maya, Scout, Jazz and Sassy
    Annie at the bridge 3/13
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance......