• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Fletcher is a Daddy's boy

MomObvious

As some of you know my husband has been sick and in and out of the hospital even having surgery for the past several months. Keep your fingers crossed (and paws) he is on the mend now......but between the fire at his shop and the illness he has been home a lot more. Personally, I think Fletcher just knows Daddy has been not feeling well and has become Daddy's velcro dog. He follows him everywhere, has started sleeping on Daddy's lap instead of mine, and last night he moved from my pillow to Daddy's!!!!!!!!!!!! Its alright we can share there is plenty of Fletcher love and fun to go around, Mr. Monster gets his normal share for sure. My husband in recovering from surgery has even taken to walking Fletcher for his midday walk (which is good for my husband) I just think its funny/strange. I'm not jealous promise:lpy: I think its good for my husband to have the company. Fletcher has always been loving to every member of the family so I'm not surprised the whole comforting cavalier trait is showing. Several months ago when Mr. Monster was sick Fletcher laid in the sofa with him for days.

I did think typically the males were closer to their Mommies but..........I love that dog so much. And to think when I brought Fletcher home my husbands first words were "well its a dog, I still don't understand why you needed to drive so far to get a dog" icon_blshing

Tonight we were discussing going on vacation this summer and the first thing he said was "Make sure you book a pet friendly beach house or I'm not going" LOL

"well its a dog, I still don't understand why you needed to drive so far to get a dog" icon_blshing

I smiled at that one. We drove an hour and a half each way to visit Teddy twice, before the final trip to bring him home. Its wonderful the lengths we will go for them.

And I agree about the holidays. Since getting Megan, we never once set foot on a plane. All our holidays have been in the UK, and all at pet friendly cottages. Its been great fun finding new places to visit, dog friendly pubs and restaurants and beaches that allow dogs all year round, and we've found some fabulous cottages to stay in.

This year we have a week in Northumberland (alnmouth - the most gorgeous pet friendly little seaside village), and a week in Cornwall (Kingsand - much the same alnmouth but in the south). Who cares about the weather because as long as it allows Teddy, then its fine by us.

"well its a dog, I still don't understand why you needed to drive so far to get a dog" icon_blshing

That made me laugh too. I drove 7 hours each way to pick up Remy, plus I did that twice because I visited him once to meet the breeder beforehand. The lengths that we go.

And I agree about the holidays. Since getting Megan, we never once set foot on a plane. All our holidays have been in the UK, and all at pet friendly cottages. Its been great fun finding new places to visit, dog friendly pubs and restaurants and beaches that allow dogs all year round, and we've found some fabulous cottages to stay in.

This year we have a week in Northumberland (alnmouth - the most gorgeous pet friendly little seaside village), and a week in Cornwall (Kingsand - much the same alnmouth but in the south). Who cares about the weather because as long as it allows Teddy, then its fine by us.

I remember when we visited the UK and all the pet friendly places we came in contact with. The stores would have water dishes out and many of the bed and breakfasts catered to pets (humans too) and I loved seeing residents out and about with their animals. I wish the US was more pet friendly in that regard.

How sweet that Fletcher is hanging out with your husband. He knows that your hubby needs some extra TLC these days, and has taken it upon himself to provide it. Who cannot feel better with a loving CKC on his/her lap?

Bosco came to up from Texas. He was flown into NYC. My husband was shocked that I would go to such lengths to get a pup, but the breeder was so highly recommended and my conversations with him confirmed that this was the breeder and pup I wanted. My insticts were correct, as Bosco is the dog of my dreams.

Hi Joandesan! I have a Bosco too -I didn't ever expect to find another one!!
Melissa little Fletcher is working hard dishing out the love :)

I really do think that Cavaliers are the most empathetic little creatures. Prior to having hip replacement surgery, I was in a lot of discomfort. Tess would hop onto the couch and sit next to the sore hip. Golden Retrievers are very similar in that vein. I think many individual dogs tune in to pain and distress in their owners, but IMO Cavaliers are the best at it.

Hi Joandesan! I have a Bosco too -I didn't ever expect to find another one!!
Melissa little Fletcher is working hard dishing out the love :)

Too funny! My Bosco is a tri-color, but I see that yours is a ruby. I'll admit that he came to me with the name, but I LOVE it and its so fun to say! Suits him to a tee- and I remember loving Bosco, the chocolate syrup as a kid. Was recently in a store and saw an old fashioned "Bosco" magnet and was thrilled with my purchase. how lucky can you get?

Joan

Joan I live in Ireland so am unfamiliar with the Bosco chocolate syrup. My Bosco is named after a children's tv character who was a very cheeky puppet with a mop of red hair :)

Joan I live in Ireland so am unfamiliar with the Bosco chocolate syrup. My Bosco is named after a children's tv character who was a very cheeky puppet with a mop of red hair :)

That makes sense now! I'm not familiar with the tv character as I'm in the US, but now I understand why you named your Ruby, Bosco!

I'm attaching a picture of Bosco the chocolate syrup! Makes me laugh to see his name on the bottle!
iipsrv.fcgi

And here's our version. Sorry for taking over this thread Melissa!!
4a8ajegy.jpg

How cute! Your version of "Bosco" is cuter than mine! I was talking to my kids about the "other Bosco" just last night. Will be sure to share your puppet picture with them!

Thanks for sending!

Joan

Back