Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cimetidine vs omeprazole

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

This is very interesting, I have had dogs on both drugs at different times.

The omeprazole has made several of them sick - this happens with people too! As an aside, people are now being taken off Omeprazole as it is now believed to make you more susceptible to Clostridium difficile - diarrhoea, fever, stomach cramps, particularly a problem in hospitals [highly infectious] and can be fatal.

C Diff can affect dogs but I have not heard any advice suggesting they stop taking it for this reason.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

Molly and Dougall have been taking Cimetidine for 4 years without any problems. I believe this drug has slowed down the progression of Molly's sm. Molly was diagnosed at 18 months, it was predicted she would not be with us by the age of 2 years, Molly will be 6yrs in May.
    Tania and The Three Cavaliers!
    Dotty!- A Sweet Little Tri
    Molly - Pretty Tri Dougall - Gorgeous Blenheim

3. Likes Margaret C liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My cavalier Maisy who has CM takes Cimetidine and Pregabalin, which seem to work well for her. However I am a little concerned now that she may be taking too much antihistimine as she is also an Atarax, an antihistimine prescribed for her pollen and dust allergies. I hadnt realised that cimetidine acts as an antihistimine. I hope she isnt overdosing on them :-(