Quote Originally Posted by Sabby View Post
Hi Cathrine

I have just seen your post. All 3 of my Cavaliers are with Clare Rusbridge. It’s been nearly 2 years that they have been diagnosed. SM/CM is so different in every dog. My Ebony has symptomatic CM no SM. She started off at 3x100mg Gabbapentin & Zitac. On a bad day she has to take a fourth tablet. She was also on Trocoxil but the effect wore off after 3 weeks.
My Harley has SM and dilated ventricles that give him headaches. He is on Lyrica & Zitac.

Thanks for your post, it must have been incredibly difficult for you having 3 diagnosed with CM/SM, I can't begin to imagine managing all their different medication regimes and monitoring their symptoms, it is taking me some time to get things right just for Kookie. It does seem that there are so many different symptoms with dogs who have CM/SM and I often find myself wondering when Kookie does some quirky things are the related to his condition. It is very helpful to be able to share on here with others who have experienced this.

With Ebony I can tell that the gabapentin is helping as if she scratches because the tablet is late or she is having a bad day about 30 min after she had the tablet she is ok again. With Harley he could be scratching 2 hours after he had Lyrica or he could be going 10 hours without scratching without having another tablet. So I am never sure if Lyrica does anything for him.
Also what Tania mentioned about air pressure is correct. When my 3 have bad days I just look at the air pressure and it always without fail has dropped or risen a lot.
Thanks for your post, it must have been incredibly difficult for you having 3 diagnosed with CM/SM, I can't begin to imagine managing all their different medication regimes and monitoring their symptoms, it is taking me some time to get things right just for Kookie. It does seem that there are so many different symptoms with dogs who have CM/SM and I often find myself wondering when Kookie does some quirky things are the related to his condition. It is very helpful to be able to share on here with others who have experienced this. I will keep a check on the air pressure to see if this is affecting Kookie too.