Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Surgery scheduled for Thursday 4/4!

Post Thanks / Like

Winston comes home tomorrow(Sunday 4/7)!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Thanks Joanie Davison thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah!!!!!!!!
    Joyce - Proudly owned & loved by

BellaMia (Aug. 30, 2012) My Beautiful Ruby Milo (Jan. 20, 2014) My Handsome Tri
    Sydney (
    April 16, 2000~April 4, 2012) Always and Forever In My Heart

4. Thanks Rdituro thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh Yay!!! You get your baby back. Driving there to get him will seem like the longest, but shortest ride of your life. You won't even notice the drive and any landmarks, you'll be so focused on how he's going to react to seeing you, how he's going to look, what's his level of pain, how he's going to tolerate the drive home, what his level of activity will be, etc. Just remember to have your husband focus on driving!!!! Hopefully today will whizz by. I'm glad he's doing so well.
    Bev
    Oliver (blenheim, born 3/2001), Riley (black & tan, born 8/2002,), Madison (ruby, born 9/2003), and Oz (tri-color, born 7/2007)

Post Thanks / Like

So glad to hear that the surgery went well and bet you can't wait to see Winston and bring him home. It must have been an anxious few days for you all, wishing Winston a speedy recovery and I am sure he will have lots of TLC.
    Catherine & Kookie

Post Thanks / Like

This day is dragging! Got Winston a new soft, light & fluffy harness. Can't wait to see him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rdituro View Post
    This day is dragging! Got Winston a new soft, light & fluffy harness. Can't wait to see him.
    Being a Mom I know you must feel so helpless with nothing to do but prepare and worry. We Mom's do better with someone to fuss about............. We all expect a full report tomorrow evening on how he's doing.
    Melissa
    "If you don't own a dog, at least one, there is not necessarily anything wrong with you, but there may be something wrong with your life."
    -Roger Caras

Post Thanks / Like

Wow we are home! So he doesn't look as bad as I expected but still shocking. Instructions are strict bed rest, 3 or 4 5min walks a day for 6 weeks. If he's not on a walk he's to be in a crate or confind in the kitchen with the gate. We have to be careful if the door bell rings & he runs for it with the others dogs or if he jumps to bark at something on TV. He's on a fentynal patch plus pred & antibiotics plus his regular meds for CM & SM the tramadol & gabapentin & Omeprozole. They refuced the Gaba to once a day because of all the other pain meds. We have to go back in 10 days to remove the staples. We can do this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

So glad to hear he's home! Each day will be a fresh improvement now, hopefully. This will likely be the hardest stretch -- especially as he starts to feel good and wants to move around a lot. His hair will grow fast and before you know it, he won't look quite as worrisome as he will right now.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so glad he's home. His discharge instructions sound similar to Riley's. Keeping Riley quiet in a multi-dog home was a challenge as you'll find with Winston - and you'll make mistakes and you'll kick yourself for them. You'll let him sit on your lap on the couch and before you know it, he's jumped off when the other dogs run for the door- or something similar. These happened to us with Riley and you can't beat yourself up about it. You learn and move on. Those big beautiful eyes will make you feel so sad for him also, especially as he starts to feel better and wants to do more. That's one reason why I say the recovery will be harder on you than him - because you are the one who has to keep him quiet and penned when all he wants to do is be a dog and roam around the house and play with your other dogs. On another note, the fentanyl patch worked great for Riley. I hope it is a wonder drug for Winston too. I hope he and you have a good first night home.
    Bev
    Oliver (blenheim, born 3/2001), Riley (black & tan, born 8/2002,), Madison (ruby, born 9/2003), and Oz (tri-color, born 7/2007)

Post Thanks / Like

We wish Winston a speedy and good recovery, all the very best.