Thread: Grooming

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Grooming

Hi, I have a 1/2 Cavalier King Charles and 1/2 Cocker spaniel, she has the coloring and coat of a King Charles and I was wondering if someone could recommend a brand and style of clippers that will cut through her thick winter coat?

Post Thanks / Like

I don't what your question to go unanswered but most of us do not clip our cavaliers. If we do its pretty minimally.....with I suggest you find a good groomer and be VERY specific as you what you want unless you want a cocker clip.
    Melissa
    "If you don't own a dog, at least one, there is not necessarily anything wrong with you, but there may be something wrong with your life."
    -Roger Caras

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'd agree -- a groomer might be the best starting place. Cavaliers are not supposed to be clipped (unlike cockers) so people really don't tend to do this themselves. Or a cocker forum might have a good suggestion? Sounds like you are dealing with a coat more like a cocker and prefer the trimmed cocker look. Most cavalier owners would love a thick coat on their dogs, and leaving it long and natural is really the glory of this particular breed.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com