• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Grooming

rforgy

Hi, I have a 1/2 Cavalier King Charles and 1/2 Cocker spaniel, she has the coloring and coat of a King Charles and I was wondering if someone could recommend a brand and style of clippers that will cut through her thick winter coat?

I don't what your question to go unanswered but most of us do not clip our cavaliers. If we do its pretty minimally.....with I suggest you find a good groomer and be VERY specific as you what you want unless you want a cocker clip.

I'd agree -- a groomer might be the best starting place. Cavaliers are not supposed to be clipped (unlike cockers) so people really don't tend to do this themselves. Or a cocker forum might have a good suggestion? Sounds like you are dealing with a coat more like a cocker and prefer the trimmed cocker look. :) Most cavalier owners would love a thick coat on their dogs, and leaving it long and natural is really the glory of this particular breed. :D

Back