• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Sydney - 1st Anniversary in Heaven

Sydneys Mom

It’s so hard to believe that Sydney has been gone for a year. Those first days after he died, I didn’t think I’d ever stop crying. It took all my strength just to get up out of bed each day. But slowly, some things got a little easier for me.

When I brought Sydney home, he was 4 ½ months old. He lay curled up in my lap, sleeping, while my husband drove us home. On his last day with us, at almost 12 years old, he again was curled up in my lap, in the car, my husband drove, only this time he was rushing us to the veterinary hospital. Then he closed his eyes for his last sleep in my lap. I guess you can say, we came full circle.

As I look back to his last days, I can see now that he was telling us he was ready to go, he was tired. As this first anniversary approached, I thought about all the last times he did this, or the last time he did that. It’s painful for me, yes, but in some ways soothing too, because I know now that he was doing all his favorite things one last time. He was ready and he made sure I was ready too. Then he took the hard decision away from us and left on his terms, at his time.

I can still feel his body in my arms and that last little beat of his heart, his breath on my hands, and the softness of his fur. I still talk to him every day and tell him how much I love him and how much I miss him. And I still cry.

Sydney will never be forgotten, he will never be replaced and he will always reside in my heart. He was and always will be, my Special Angel.

In My Heart

I thought of you with love today, but that is nothing new
I thought about you yesterday and days before that too.
I think of you in silence. I often speak your name.
Now all I have is memories, and your picture in a frame.
Your memory is my keepsake, with which I’ll never part.
God has you in his keeping; I have you in my heart.

Joyce.....
I cant believe its been a year.
Thinking you of you today and sending hugs from Leo and I

:hug::hug:

I can hardly believe a year has passed either, Joyce. I think everyone here always has a special affection for each of our oldie cavalier members, and Sydney was such a personality -- we all grieved when you lost him. Each cavalier is so unique. I just love his smiling face in your avatar picture. :) He's still here with us, too.

I too can`t believe that it is a year since you lost Sydney, I remember what a little fighter he was and a similar age to my old boy. You will treasure all your memories of him for ever. Thinking of you today.:hug:

hi sydneysmum
what beautiful words i have just read sydney was beautiful
thinking of you at this sad time

Is it really a year? I think Sydney became special to all of us. We were all so involved in his brave fight.
We can never forget our lovely cavaliers

Oh gosh...how has it been a year.

I know for me, Sydney was one of my first introductions to Cavalier Army, a beautiful one with the name of the city I had just left America to move all the way to. Love at first forum post :)
And Joyce, you a cavalier owner with such a big heart, and so much kindness and love...we are all lucky to know you and have been so lucky to know Sydney along the journey.

Thinking of you always and when we get sad, just look to the stars above...Sydney will surely twinkle for you xx

Oh Joyce, what a klutz I am, forgetting this, and arriving to send my regards a week late.

I have no excuse except just lots of things going on in my personal life.

But, he was such a beautiful boy, and such a trooper right up to the end, just being there for you. I am personally thankful he took away your need to make a decision.....and it became 'him' making th decision. You needed that, as I'm not sure if you could have.

I think of him often, and as Karlin said, his sweet smiling face on your avatar. He will live forever in your heart, and through his little sister BellaMia.

Hugs to you both.

Oh Joyce, what a klutz I am, forgetting this, and arriving to send my regards a week late.

I have no excuse except just lots of things going on in my personal life.

But, he was such a beautiful boy, and such a trooper right up to the end, just being there for you. I am personally thankful he took away your need to make a decision.....and it became 'him' making the decision. You needed that, as I'm not sure if you could have.

I think of him often, and as Karlin said, his sweet smiling face on your avatar. He will live forever in your heart, and through his little sister BellaMia.

Hugs to you both.

Oh Joyce,

I also wish I would have replied on the same day, but I have to say that I really have been thinking of you and Sydney every day since you posted this. Like others have said, Sydney was dear to many of us here. Like Kelsey said, you have such a big heart and are there for all of us and seeing Sydney's smile on your avatar is like him watching over.

Thinking of you,

Anne

Back