• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Kaley 13/9/02 to 5/4/13

merello

It is with great sadness that we tell our friends on Cavalier Talk that Kaley got her wings today. She was originally on the rehoming thread on here so I like to think she's a Cavalier Talk dog.

We were looking for another rescue after losing Sonny to MVD. Paul had received an email with a picture of Kaley. As she was 7 ( and given Cavalier health problems) and we couldn't face more heartache Paul was fairly reticent. I however was smitten and needless to say we welcomed her into our lives.

From day 1 she settled in and accepted us as her new family and soon went everywhere with us. Her cheeky wee face and loving nature bowled over everyone she met. Sadly in February 2012 she was diagnosed with CHF and we came very close to losing her. Thanks to the love and devotion of our vet he got her stabilised and prescribed meds that gave her a new lease of life.

Last summer my dad was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumour and we were told he had very little time left. Dad doted on Kaley and she adored him so as dad was being nursed by me and mum at their home , Kaley and I would travel over every single day and soon all the nurses and carers who were visiting were smitten by her too. Sadly my dad lost his battle on January 24th and Kaley stayed constantly by my side comforting me.

The last few days her health started to decline rapidly and as I'd been there with Sonny I could sense the end was near. She was given her wings this morning with me cuddling her.

We only had 3 years together but I feel we filled in so much into that time. The love and joy she brought is immeasurable. I feel so blessed that we had Kaley for her last few years. She has left us broken hearted but with many many happy memories.

Love you always Kaley xx

What a lovely tribute to Kaley and what a wonderful time she had with you.
Thank you for rehoming her, I so admire people who rescue dogs.
Happy memories will remain with you for ever more.

Nanette

I'm so sorry for your incredible loss. Sounds as if Kaley had love and happiness in her final years. God bless you for rehoming her.
RIP sweet Kaley.

You gave a little girl a very loving home for her last memories of what life should be like. 10 years is too young and 3 years is too little for you to have known her. I'm so sorry. RIP Kaley.

hi merello
so sorry to hear about kaley your hearts must be breaking
you are wonderful people to rescue kaley she must have had a brilliant life with you

So sorry to hear about your loss of Kaley. She was very lucky to have had you take care of her in her last few years.

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. :( Both of them.
She sounds like she had an amazing life with you ..full of lots of love.
Thinking of you during this hard time.

Was so so sad to see that you lost Kaley. :( It is hard to have two deaths like this so close together -- I know what you are going through; I lost my Lucy to MVD only two months after my own dad passed away in 2011. But I do like to think of her sitting on his lap somewhere. :flwr: You gave Kaley a lovely home and so pleased to think she came to you with a little help from CavTalk and gave so much happiness. Thinking of you at such a difficult time.

So glad that Kaley eventually found a loving family, you did a wonderful thing, and her short time with you, was so happy, god bless you, sending hugs. Karen, Ruby and Sadie x

Well, your post has brought me to tears. Such a beautiful story of your girl, and yes, too short of a time with you.

And that, coupled with the passing of your dad (and I did remember Karlin having a similar story) must be so very difficult. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Hugs to you all.

Back